Gold Uniforms are here!

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m saying that it’s obvious what the main issue is: a good portion of our alums/fans aren’t people that attract others to GT.

ATL United was a brand new start-up team. No record of winning. Playing in the exact same venue that has all of these supposed issues so many on here complain about, yet they packed the house from the get go.

GT needs more passionate fans (short for fanatics) that will show up and spend their money regardless of circumstance, not overly-analytical whiners.

So the very thing that Tech drives into students/alumni (analytics, exacting standards, perfection) is something that those same people can’t expect in return on gameday? We should have a much lower quality experience than UGA or Clemson?

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I’m saying that it’s obvious what the main issue is: a good portion of our alums/fans aren’t people that attract others to GT.

ATL United was a brand new start-up team. No record of winning. Playing in the exact same venue that has all of these supposed issues so many on here complain about, yet they packed the house from the get go.

GT needs more passionate fans (short for fanatics) that will show up and spend their money regardless of circumstance, not overly-analytical whiners.

I don’t think there’s any research that says people don’t attend Tech games because of Tech fans. That’s an opinion and you are welcome to have it.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
So the very thing that Tech drives into students/alumni (analytics, exacting standards, perfection) is something that those same people can’t expect in return on gameday? We should have a much lower quality experience than UGA or Clemson?

I don’t think that’s what is being suggested. I think, however, that it sounds like some folks are so wrapped up in the missteps or miscues that they don’t see the good. I emphasize that I used the phrase “sounds like” because it’s entirely possible (perhaps even probable) that folks are seeing the good but only talk about the misses.

There’s nothing wrong with wanting perfect but don’t let that be the enemy of good (yeah I know I mixed up that phrase). So for me the new gold jerseys are very cool and I am excited for them. I would like a bit darker shade of gold but that won’t be my first or primary focus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer

So here’s a pet peeve. STH’s are told we get discounts on concessions.

I can count multiple times, “We don’t honor that.”

Say what?

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
I don’t think that’s what is being suggested. I think, however, that it sounds like some folks are so wrapped up in the missteps or miscues that they don’t see the good. I emphasize that I used the phrase “sounds like” because it’s entirely possible (perhaps even probable) that folks are seeing the good but only talk about the misses.

There’s nothing wrong with wanting perfect but don’t let that be the enemy of good (yeah I know I mixed up that phrase). So for me the new gold jerseys are very cool and I am excited for them. I would like a bit darker shade of gold but that won’t be my first or primary focus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that’s basically what I’m saying. I do like the attempt here, and again, these are my favorite jerseys we have. But if we are analyzing, then yes, it’s very frustrating that we can’t match damn colors. We can expect our students not to do the improbable, and we can’t make gold cloth? Come on...

That being said, I’m still gonna be in the stands supporting my team today and every other home game. I don’t lose sight of the bigger picture.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
So here’s a pet peeve. STH’s are told we get discounts on concessions.

I can count multiple times, “We don’t honor that.”

Say what?

Again, another WTF moment in game day experience. Our own bookstore doesn’t honor it, but their little pop up locations in the stadium are supposed to. Huh?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I don’t think there’s any research that says people don’t attend Tech games because of Tech fans. That’s an opinion and you are welcome to have it.
Research?
How bout common sense.?

Since we are in debt up to our eye ball, isn't a better question how many fans are attracted to gt games by the gt alumns.

Do u think the following ATTRACTS OR PUTS OFF side walk fan or should that be researched?

Our coach saying that a woff woff uga fan is likely to have just gotten off work at walmart .

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
A lot of our alums are very analytical and critical. I know, because I am one.

With that said, that is what a STEM school such as GT produces. (more than not) These are needed people, problem solvers, and "make it happen" folks. If this "turns off" others to GT, then so be it. But, I would still rather align myself with these people than the hordes of UGAG, UA, and AU fans.

Now, back on this post, I still don't think it is asking much to require a world class sporting goods company, Adidas, to provide dye matching that is better than this. I mean, where did the light beige come from? Was this an error, or did they make it that way on purpose? If on purpose, why would they go with such a light color? Why not make it the "Tech Gold" (sand) that we were promised? I just don't get why this is so hard.

I do have a theory - I don't think they care, and I don't think they are putting much effort in making sure of their Quality Control. That is what I believe.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Research?
How bout common sense.?

Since we are in debt up to our eye ball, isn't a better question how many fans are attracted to gt games by the gt alumns.

Do u think the following ATTRACTS OR PUTS OFF side walk fan or should that be researched?

Our coach saying that a woff woff uga fan is likely to have just gotten off work at walmart .

I’ve never encountered one person who said anything negative about Tech fans. Quite the opposite.

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
With all this complaining, let’s just make life easier and switch off gold as one of our colors. Maybe to a neon green or something. At least people wouldn’t be able to complain about us not matching colors perfectly

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
With all this complaining, let’s just make life easier and switch off gold as one of our colors. Maybe to a neon green or something. At least people wouldn’t be able to complain about us not matching colors perfectly

Well scratch that, we’ll still complain cause that’s who we are as a fanbase.

GT_receivers

Jolly Good Fellow
More pics
https://ramblinwreck.com/tech-to-wear-gold-jerseys-vs-the-citadel/
gold-jerseys-4-fb-2019-1024x684.jpg

gold-jerseys-5-fb-2019-1024x684.jpg

gold-jerseys-2-fb-2019-1024x684.jpg
Soooooo Gooooood