Gold Uniforms are here!

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
He’s coached three games with a different system’s players. He has benefit of the doubt from everyone in the football world as well as everyone at the Institute. He doesn’t have to prove anything to you to begin branding the program. If you don’t understand the importance of branding in recruiting, well, I’m not sure what to tell you.

Winning makes the biggest mark on branding for recruiting. Losing will wipe out any gains from small stuff like uniform combinations. Now that we aren’t with Russell anyway.

Just win baby.

brian22

Jolly Good Fellow
Winning makes the biggest mark on branding for recruiting. Losing will wipe out any gains from small stuff like uniform combinations. Now that we aren’t with Russell anyway.

Just win baby.

And you can jump start winning by recruiting as well as you can, as fast as you can. The small stuff might give you a chance to accelerate the process. You can say “just win baby” but in college football, you’re putting the cart before the horse. Not sure why some don’t get that.

DaDodd

Jolly Good Fellow
And you can jump start winning by recruiting as well as you can, as fast as you can. The small stuff might give you a chance to accelerate the process. You can say “just win baby” but in college football, you’re putting the cart before the horse. Not sure why some don’t get that.
There is no brand if it changes every week. Unless that's your brand, so you might as well be Oregon. Whiskey_Clear said it best. Winning makes the biggest mark on branding for recruiting. This is my opinion but I really don't think uniforms have that much impact on recruiting as most people think. I think there are other factors that we need to pour into to help recruiting. I'm not saying uniforms aren't important, just that their not are not the major selling points to recruits. It is was then we'd be recruiting fashion models instead of athletes.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
There is no brand if it changes every week. Unless that's your brand, so you might as well be Oregon. Whiskey_Clear said it best. Winning makes the biggest mark on branding for recruiting. This is my opinion but I really don't think uniforms have that much impact on recruiting as most people think. I think there are other factors that we need to pour into to help recruiting. I'm not saying uniforms aren't important, just that their not are not the major selling points to recruits. It is was then we'd be recruiting fashion models instead of athletes.

I think you'd agree we need all the help we can get.

brian22

Jolly Good Fellow

You’re telling me Oregon doesn’t have a brand? Come on.

What other factors should we pour into to help recruiting? I’d love to hear what stones you’ve overturned that Collins and TS have not.

No one said uniforms are the major selling point to recruits. I jumped in when someone stupidly said Collins needs to pay less attention to uniforms and more to coaching.

DaDodd

Jolly Good Fellow
You’re telling me Oregon doesn’t have a brand? Come on.

What other factors should we pour into to help recruiting? I’d love to hear what stones you’ve overturned that Collins and TS have not.

No one said uniforms are the major selling point to recruits. I jumped in when someone stupidly said Collins needs to pay less attention to uniforms and more to coaching.
Of course Oregon has a brand. Their brand is never wearing the same twice. 1,000 uniform combinations. And good for them, that's what their known for. I PERSONALLY don't want that to become Tech's brand. I'm not an old man btw, I'm in my twenties. I PERSONALLY like more of a traditional look. Just my opinion and if yours is different then that's ok. I feel like Tech is trying to find its brand instead of establishing it. Tech is being to fluid this their branding standards, leading to mismatched golds, an abundance of navy, etc. If you are going to establish a brand then things need to abide by a concrete set of standards. Meaning if the golds don't match, then go back to the drawing board until they do. Other school have gold and they do no have this much of problem that we've created. And I know gold is a hard color to match. ya ya. Tech just needs to set their standards and stick to them, with no exceptions. Exceptions have led to this branding mess. But I can say they are somewhat paying attention to it which in the past they haven't.

I agree we need all the help we can get.

The only reason I said Collins was paying attention to uniforms was that he said he personally designed the Temple uniform and it won an award. That makes me think that he focuses on it. And its ok for him to pay attention those things. But after last week, it was clear that the coaches' minds were aloof and not prepared for the game. So it only makes me wonder. I love coach Collins, his character and what he has done so far; but last week make me take a step back. To me, he needs to prove that he has a handle on his players and his staff. I love talking about uniforms but again, last week changed a lot of things for me. I know its early but just want some progress on the field.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

Just win baby.
I hear you on this.

That said, UNC is an example of great brand, near zero football results, that continually recruits well.

Similarly - so-and-so team is in the S-E-C.

Now, I'm not sure to what degree jersey designs matter in overall branding - it certainly matters some. We cleared the biggest hurdle by replacing that 'R' logo from the chest.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
Someone did some Photoshop editing, and this is what we could have with some good work by Adidas. I wish this is what they looked like. This is AWESOME.

EEWaX0EWwAAguNE
That looks much better

rfripp68

Georgia Tech Fan
Other school have gold and they do no have this much of problem that we've created.

Of course plenty of schools use gold but their other color is not white. That's the problem - white and gold do not contrast enough, necessitating a third, darker color i.e. navy.

Colorado for instance - their official colors are silver and gold, but they wear black and gold because it looked like ****:

The official colors of CU are silver and gold. According to the book Glory Colorado, these colors were adopted by the class of 1888, as a symbol of the mineral wealth of this state. But in 1921, as football became more popular, there were complaints from the students that silver and gold did not look good on football jerseys. In fact, silver and gold ended up looking like dirty gray and dark yellow. It wasn't until 1959 that the football team changed its jerseys to black with yellow. And although the football team seems to have set the trend with its color choice, CU still has the official colors of silver and gold.
Idaho has the same thing, silver and gold but they wear black and gold.

Take a look at the colors of all the schools that use gold that doesn't pair it with a contrasting color: https://www.1122productions.com/tradition/colors/

DaDodd

Jolly Good Fellow
Of course plenty of schools use gold but their other color is not white. That's the problem - white and gold do not contrast enough, necessitating a third, darker color i.e. navy.

Colorado for instance - their official colors are silver and gold, but they wear black and gold because it looked like ****:

The official colors of CU are silver and gold. According to the book Glory Colorado, these colors were adopted by the class of 1888, as a symbol of the mineral wealth of this state. But in 1921, as football became more popular, there were complaints from the students that silver and gold did not look good on football jerseys. In fact, silver and gold ended up looking like dirty gray and dark yellow. It wasn't until 1959 that the football team changed its jerseys to black with yellow. And although the football team seems to have set the trend with its color choice, CU still has the official colors of silver and gold.
Idaho has the same thing, silver and gold but they wear black and gold.

Take a look at the colors of all the schools that use gold that doesn't pair it with a contrasting color: https://www.1122productions.com/tradition/colors/
I was talking about the varying shades of gold. Has nothing to do with white as the other primary color.

White_Gold

GT Athlete
Fans are the only ones who give a rats behind about the unis.

Players care for about a whole minute. Maybe there’s some hype if it’s something new.

Recruits care a little. It’s cool to see your team or potential team looking cool on social media.

The whole thing is marketing for fans and exposure for the program.

And it works, look how many posts are about our unis. I guarantee you the players don’t spend 95% of the time we spend discussing. And I can also assure you that they are not focused on the unis like some of you think they might be.