Gold Uniforms are here!

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Definitely looks great with the edited color. The actual gold on these jerseys sucks. It’s crazy that someone at GT isn’t demanding better. With all the hype about the new official gold and the majority of Adidas gear isn’t even close. Let’s get the cheer going across the stadium today: Khaki!!!! Jackets!!!!

When the light hits this sand color, it does look like khaki. I believe this photo was taken at this year’s Clemson game, and the pants here are the same sand color as our jerseys this week. Looks like safari khaki color to my eye, on my monitor/phone. This also shows why we can’t wear gold helmets with these jerseys. Putting the two right up next to each other like that would be a bad look.

Again, I’m all for gold shirts, I just wish we could have them match more closely.

92918701941adfc0a5a2e1a29f39dfe5.jpg

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Look y'all. This stuff is never gonna be perfect. We all want it to be but this is an eternal argument that is never going to end. Just enjoy watching the team. I just cannot believe the amount of whining about the color of uniforms coming from adults.

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
Look y'all. This stuff is never gonna be perfect. We all want it to be but this is an eternal argument that is never going to end. Just enjoy watching the team. I just cannot believe the amount of whining about the color of uniforms coming from adults.

If there is anything that CGC should have already ingrained is that branding is important. Some of us have known that for a long time and how badly GT sucks at it.

Accepting an attitude of "this stuff will never be perfect" is something losers do. Branding and marketing is important. Those at the highest levels of sports understand this. GT put in a lot of effort ( obviously much less so than many schools) to come up with "Tech Gold" and then failed to follow through and ultimately decide to emphasize blue (which unfortunately CGC has embraced).

That said, I like these uniforms. I do worry that the constant uniform changes are muddying up our already extremely confused brand, and deemphasizing our iconic gold helmets, but I'm encouraged by the emphasis on white/gold.

If it's not important to you, no worries.

Why do so many get triggered by criticism and discussion of uniforms or branding? GT should do better and we don't. That's just, like, my opinion man.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
If there is anything that CGC should have already ingrained is that branding is important. Some of us have known that for a long time and how badly GT sucks at it.

Accepting an attitude of "this stuff will never be perfect" is something losers do. Branding and marketing is important. Those at the highest levels of sports understand this. GT put in a lot of effort ( obviously much less so than many schools) to come up with "Tech Gold" and then failed to follow through and ultimately decide to emphasize blue (which unfortunately CGC has embraced).

That said, I like these uniforms. I do worry that the constant uniform changes are muddying up our already extremely confused brand, and deemphasizing our iconic gold helmets, but I'm encouraged by the emphasis on white/gold.

If it's not important to you, no worries.

Why do so many get triggered by criticism and discussion of uniforms or branding? GT should do better and we don't. That's just, like, my opinion man.

I feel basically the same way. We are Tech. We should be able to get gold to match across the same uniform, or at least way more closely than it has recently. Again, I support our team and will even buy one of these “sand” jerseys (if Adidas gets their crap together and sells it!) and wear it, as it’s the best looking jersey we currently have, but it’s not our gold. I have adidas “sand” apparel items in my closet, and they blend more with the khaki stuff than they do anything gold. My Under Armour gold shirt looks more correct than our official adidas.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Definitely looks great with the edited color. The actual gold on these jerseys sucks. It’s crazy that someone at GT isn’t demanding better. With all the hype about the new official gold and the majority of Adidas gear isn’t even close. Let’s get the cheer going across the stadium today: Khaki!!!! Jackets!!!!
Adidas actually calls it “sand”.
So...

“SAND!”........

“JACKETS!”.......

GT_EE78

Banned
When the light hits this sand color, it does look like khaki. I believe this photo was taken at this year’s Clemson game, and the pants here are the same sand color as our jerseys this week. Looks like safari khaki color to my eye, on my monitor/phone. This also shows why we can’t wear gold helmets with these jerseys. Putting the two right up next to each other like that would be a bad look.

Again, I’m all for gold shirts, I just wish we could have them match more closely.

92918701941adfc0a5a2e1a29f39dfe5.jpg
wow, you're right , in your pic the (helmut to pants) color match is almost as close as those addidas "same length" socks.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
wow, you're right , in your pic the (helmut to pants) color match is almost as close as those addidas "same length" socks.

Yeah, the gold helmets do not match this “sand” in any way, shape or form. That’s why I don’t think we will see gold helmets with these jerseys, ever.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
I just cannot believe the amount of whining about the color of uniforms coming from adults.

And we wonder why we can’t attract more fans. Why would anyone want to come tailgate and watch a game for a few hours out of a Saturday with a bunch of people that whine about the uniform color, line to get free water, the concessions layout, the music, the PA announcer, and on and on....

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
And we wonder why we can’t attract more fans. Why would anyone want to come tailgate and watch a game for a few hours out of a Saturday with a bunch of people that whine about the uniform color, line to get free water, the concessions layout, the music, the PA announcer, and on and on....

Compare the Game Day Experiences of ATL UNITED and GT at our own stadium and you can answer that. It matters.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Here’s a picture where the helmets and pants are a nice “old gold” and basically match. Perfect uni.

upload_2019-9-14_8-16-3.jpeg

Compare that to these.

upload_2019-9-14_8-17-13.jpeg

Horrible. It’s like a UGA fan runs our uniform/branding and wants us to look like crap. The units for today would be great if the gold were right, but of course, we can help to send men to the moon again, but can’t get the color of a jersey correct. Dad, not surprising and will likely never change. I expected better out of Stansbury who actually played here.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Compare the Game Day Experiences of ATL UNITED and GT at our own stadium and you can answer that. It matters.

I want to make sure I understand. Are you saying the water lines, concession layout, and PA announcer matter to attracting more fans?

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Here’s a picture where the helmets and pants are a nice “old gold” and basically match. Perfect uni.

View attachment 6702

Compare that to these.

View attachment 6703

Horrible. It’s like a UGA fan runs our uniform/branding and wants us to look like crap. The units for today would be great if the gold were right, but of course, we can help to send men to the moon again, but can’t get the color of a jersey correct. Dad, not surprising and will likely never change. I expected better out of Stansbury who actually played here.

It’s just sad how badly GTAA does with branding. Next, we’ll have plain pants and striped jerseys.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
You must like them. Disagreement has become whining... nice. If that’s the case, every thread in the history of college football message boards is a whining thread.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
It’s all part of Game Day Experience and yes, it matters. Read the research.

Here’s my research:

ATL United fans sold out and packed out every game at the exact same stadium y’all are complaining about.

Plus, I’ve heard several say they wished the games stayed at BDS, versus moving to MBS.

So, if one variable is constant, which one seems like more of an issue? I’m going with the fans.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
I want to make sure I understand. Are you saying the water lines, concession layout, and PA announcer matter to attracting more fans?

Absolutely. 100%. As said above, it’s the total experience. Go to a game at a different stadium/team that has a much higher quality of experience. I’m die hard Tech through and through, but the Clemson experience, from tailgating, to parking, to stadium amenities, stadium condition, PA announcer, etc was way more fun than our own stadium experience. It’s a very important thing to attracting and keeping fans attending games and not opting to stay at home, or god forbid, pull for another team.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Here’s my research:

ATL United fans sold out and packed out every game at the exact same stadium y’all are complaining about.

Plus, I’ve heard several say they wished the games stayed at BDS, versus moving to MBS.

So, if one variable is constant, which one seems like more of an issue? I’m going with the fans.

So your saying everything is fine? And that Tech should be selling out every game because AU did?

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Here’s my research:

Well there’s the perfect group to poll...United fans that attended games in both Dodd and the Benz. I’ll bet my season tickets that the overwhelming majority are going to say the Gameday experience in the Benz blows away that of Bobby Dood. And if the Benz is utilized correctly once we start playing home games in there next year, I’ll bet the same will be said by Tech fans. Parts of our stadium (lower east concession area) resemble a dark dungeon.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
So your saying everything is fine? And that Tech should be selling out every game because AU did?

I’m saying that it’s obvious what the main issue is: a good portion of our alums/fans aren’t people that attract others to GT.

ATL United was a brand new start-up team. No record of winning. Playing in the exact same venue that has all of these supposed issues so many on here complain about, yet they packed the house from the get go.

GT needs more passionate fans (short for fanatics) that will show up and spend their money regardless of circumstance, not overly-analytical whiners.