God we needed that. (POSTGAME THREAD GT 26 - PITT 21)

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
1664682974689.png

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Well, I'll say the inevitable: they gave us the ball game. And the second part of the inevitable that often isn't mentioned: when they did we took it. That's what matters.

Is there a lot to fix? Lord above in heaven, yes. We staggered at times on O and the D is still porous against long balls in particular. But … they strung enough good work together to make Pitt regret every mistake. And, yes, the major difference in the game for Tech was that we looked not just decent, but down right good on special teams. That alone shows that our new coach has gotten something fixed and very quickly too. It also shows that the players respond to a leader they trust and respect. About <common English word beginning with f denoting human sexual function>ing time.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Really, really happy for the staff and players after a stressful week. We do need some play calling help in the red zone. How can we not score from the one. Should have kicked the FG. That could have cost us the game if Sims doesn't score on a very nice run. Lots of points scored in the 4th quarter. Good win for Keys. May give Sims some confidence. Charlie Thomas was fantastic.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
If we can keep this up, HCBK is going to make it tough on the decision makers... With really just 5 days work, so many differences. Special teams did their job, defense looked good, offense did what it took. Congrats to the White and Gold!
Perhaps those more knowledgeable can comment but how did Coach Key and his staff completely change the character of this team in just a few days? It was almost as if a whole new set of players were playing but it was largely the same guys. The key play (see what I did) in my view was the run for a first down by Hall in which he and a couple of offensive linemen simply refused to quit and moved the pile. I hate to say this but it was very much like watching the old Georgia teams under Vince Dooly. Give up yards but not points, solid kicking game, let them make penalties and mistakes and win in the fourth quarter. Just like the old days.

GTjunkie

Jolly Good Fellow
Don't know, UNC is explosive but is not as physical as Pitt. You are probably right. A ranked Coastal team is such a rarity and damn if Tech didn't go and put that out the window. I thought Miami was loaded but they are doing what Miami does best...playing down to the level of opponents and underachieving.
This GT team can win the Coastal