Get to know Jerry Howard

MountPGT1990

Banned
He looks the part for sure. Concerns me he has only been in a GT uniform for a about two weeks and everyone thinks he's just going to step in and we won't miss a beat.
Just a couple days ago CPJ said he still has no clue where to go on plays but his running style is tailor made for the position.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Rumor also has it he's more fragile than my grandma's China and won't be able to stay on the field
Give it a break man. You don't have to put this in every single thread. Benson will be fine and if he does get hurt then we'll be fine with Howard or QW. Losing Mills hurts a lot, but it's not the end of the world and the season isn't shot because one player is gone.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
He looks the part for sure. Concerns me he has only been in a GT uniform for a about two weeks and everyone thinks he's just going to step in and we won't miss a beat.
Just a couple days ago CPJ said he still has no clue where to go on plays but his running style is tailor made for the position.
Mills admitted that he had no clue where to go for the first part of last year fwiw.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Watching his HS tape, I have ZERO doubts that he's going to be a good BB for us. I like how he runs within the his offense, and doesn't bounce it outside before he get through the tackles so he can out athlete lesser players on that level. He's running through contact and getting to the secondary level within the play call. That's the traits and type of running I like to see from BB prospects.

I don't think the real question is how good can he be, I think he can be every bit as good as Mills. I think the real question is how fast can he get acclimated to playing BB. Can he transition from standing up to being in a 3pt stance 3 yards from the LOS? Can he get used to making quick reads on how to attack a hole AND playing off the mesh? Can he take advantage the of the cutback once he gets to the LB level and take advantage of those lanes that will give him a chance of a breaking a 20+ yard run? Can he withstand the pounding of the BB on every play, and get back up and say "Give me more!!!"? CPJ seems to think the answer is yes, and he's risen up the depth chart to the point that even with Mills, he was slated to play.

Oh, another thing. He's going to be a weapon in the passing game. He's a pretty darn good receiver out of the backfield. I also think he's more athletic, and a step faster than Mills. As I alluded above, it'll all be dependent on his transition from the offense he played in HS, to the type of running BBs are asked to do in our offense.

Oh, and he'll need to pass protect...:)

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
The disadvantage Jerry has from Mills is that Mills was an early enrollee, so he had a full spring practice as a freshman over Jerry.

I'm higher on Quaide than most seem to be. He showed some impressive things in the Spring game and was pretty much even with Kirvonte at that point. I think he gives us a good floor. Honestly, he really does remind me a lot of Laskey. If someone passes him on the depth chart, that speaks well of them.

But, yeah, the whole Mills thing is definitely a major blow to our team.

Bule

Jolly Good Fellow
The question really is, when can we get your grandma's china to play in a game for us

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Rumor also has it he's more fragile than my grandma's China and won't be able to stay on the field

Damn everything you post comes across as a smart arse, Kirvonte had to have knee surgery and just like Cottrell has done his rehab and healthy. Saw him at the spring game and I promise you he's as strong a bull. He's been dinged a bit in camp but PJ said he would be back Monday. He was set to be the #2 behind Mills so I guess PJ and Candeto like what they see every day.Why don't you just chill a bit instead of sounding like a WATB. Jeez...............