Get to know Jerry Howard

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Talk to me about this kid? I watched his HS film and was impressed, but has anyone seen him at practice?

techman

Georgia Tech Fan
Seems I recall CPJ recently making remarks about Jerry Howard e.g., "he is a LOAD!" and something like "that kid is everything we are about at Bback". Are those accurate quotes? If so, how good is Jerry Howard and why can't we assume he can contribute as a freshman, after all, Mills did.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Not to dismiss Quaide and Kirvonte by any means. If one of them wins out, glad to hear it. It just seems like this kid has been getting more praise thus far in camp.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
The most reassuring thing about this entire situation is that hearing good things about guys (freshmen especially) in camp is usually a great sign. We heard great things about Mills last year, same can be said about JeT as a frosh. Even at that other school I vividly remember dwag fans pumped about signing Keith Marshall then when camp came around the guy that everyone was talking about was Todd Gurley. (My apologies for using that other school as a reference)

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
Seems I recall CPJ recently making remarks about Jerry Howard e.g., "he is a LOAD!" and something like "that kid is everything we are about at Bback". Are those accurate quotes? If so, how good is Jerry Howard and why can't we assume he can contribute as a freshman, after all, Mills did.

I believe he said exactly what this man said.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
I think he can be a big yardage back. One thing I didn't like about Mills is that he couldn't take advantage of great blocking. Jerry may not be as tough of a runner when nothing is there but he does have enough speed to break off big runs when the play is blocked the right way. Mills very rarely had runs over 15 yards where Marshall had several, I believe Jerry is the perfect in between Mills and Marshall and will have a very high production season at BB.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
I think he can be a big yardage back. One thing I didn't like about Mills is that he couldn't take advantage of great blocking. Jerry may not be as tough of a runner when nothing is there but he does have enough speed to break off big runs when the play is blocked the right way. Mills very rarely had runs over 15 yards where Marshall had several, I believe Jerry is the perfect in between Mills and Marshall and will have a very high production season at BB.

Your word to God's ears! CPJ praised Mills preseason last year and Jerry this year. Hope you are spot on.