Get to know Jerry Howard

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I think he can be a big yardage back. One thing I didn't like about Mills is that he couldn't take advantage of great blocking. Jerry may not be as tough of a runner when nothing is there but he does have enough speed to break off big runs when the play is blocked the right way. Mills very rarely had runs over 15 yards where Marshall had several, I believe Jerry is the perfect in between Mills and Marshall and will have a very high production season at BB.

Eh after watching his tape he seems like he's almost exactly like mills. Big kid tough runner but not blazing speed.

Seems I recall CPJ recently making remarks about Jerry Howard e.g., "he is a LOAD!" and something like "that kid is everything we are about at Bback". Are those accurate quotes? If so, how good is Jerry Howard and why can't we assume he can contribute as a freshman, after all, Mills did.
And the good news is we still have two weeks before the game. You know this could have happened Friday, September 1. But it didn't. We will be okay. And this action taken by CPJ is not lost on the 80 other football players on this team. This will pay dividends for months and years to come.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Wouldn't be surprised to see Brady get a few snaps early if Benson is banged up. He is a tough kid and he knows the plays. I have no doubt Benson/Quaide/Howard will be going good by mid season and would not be surprised to see Jerry take over by Bowl time.

SlawDog

Banned
Wouldn't be surprised to see Brady get a few snaps early if Benson is banged up. He is a tough kid and he knows the plays. I have no doubt Benson/Quaide/Howard will be going good by mid season and would not be surprised to see Jerry take over by Bowl time.
Haven't you heard, Quaide runs high

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Eh after watching his tape he seems like he's almost exactly like mills. Big kid tough runner but not blazing speed.
Jerry put up numbers like 4500 yards, you don't get that many yards without decent speed. Mills ran people over in high school, Jerry run through seams for big plays, Jerry is definitely a step faster than Mills.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
And the good news is we still have two weeks before the game. You know this could have happened Friday, September 1. But it didn't. We will be okay. And this action taken by CPJ is not lost on the 80 other football players on this team. This will pay dividends for months and years to come.
Hahaha. Yeah right. No it won't.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Howard seems to be a lot like Mills, but I don't know if he has the same maturity in the O. Remember, Mills came in early and won the job in the spring. Howard is just starting.

Btw, I read what Coach said about Mills and I agree with every word of it. When we're young - Mills is 19 (I think) - we screw up a lot. This usually doesn't mean too much of anything except that we screw up a lot. Often the difference between a "good" and a "bad" kid is that the bad kid got caught (I speak from experience on this). I hope Mills finds a new place and fulfills his promise. I'm really discouraged that he won't do so at Tech.