Get out the Flea Spray; GT Traveling to the pound Friday Night Lights! GT@uGa

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Ok.. upon reflection I got some hits and some misses and I’ll own them all.

But first off, let’s give a round of applause to the men of the Hour: our GT Bball Team!

My predictions that popped:
  1. We did press them throughout the night
  2. They did not show an ability to hang with us down the stretch
  3. We did see more Zone. The 1-3-1 was killer for large stretches - they shot well out of it for a bit but all in all I think CJP won the scheme battle tonight
  4. I was high on Jordan’s return to fan favorite tonight. Was not wrong. Some of you doubters should probably take a Xanax every time you want to trashpost on our guy. He is playing HIGH level ball.
  5. We did do a better job tonight of running aggressive cuts and clear outs to open the lane up and guys (Usher mainly) took advantage of the widened lanes
  6. We were absolutely locked in, and I would argue the final score was never in doubt for our fans. We did press them throughout the night and survived some opportunistic runs from them - but at least in my mind the outcome was never in jeopardy
  7. I expected us to open the lead in the second half because we now, for real, have depth on the bench. We opened the game and weathered foul trouble because we had viable options up and down the roster. Credit to the staff - well played boys.
My predictions that did not pop:
  1. Saba played? (6minutes | 1 Reb)
  2. Meka is lost, maybe in the Bermuda Triangle, more likely something I just don’t know about
  3. I said 10+; it was 10 exact. I’ll own that
And I Failed You The Dark Knight Rises GIF

Last edited:

Stumpy's Bear

Georgia Tech Fan
No

still like Kyle’s calming demeanor to start the game.
Ok.. upon reflection I got some hits and some misses and I’ll own them all.

But first off, let’s give a round of applause to the men of the Hour: our GT Bball Team!

My predictions that popped:
  1. We did press them throughout the night
  2. They did not show an ability to hang with us down the stretch
  3. We did see more Zone. The 1-3-1 was killer for large stretches - they shot well out of it for a bit but all in all I think CJP won the scheme battle tonight
  4. I was high on Jordan’s return to fan favorite tonight. Was not wrong. Some of you doubters should probably take a Xanax every time you want to trashpost on our guy. He is playing HIGH level ball.
  5. We did do a better job tonight of running aggressive cuts and clear outs to open the lane up and guys (Usher mainly) took advantage of the widened lanes
  6. We were absolutely locked in, and I would argue the final score was never in doubt for our fans. We did press them throughout the night and survived some opportunistic runs from them - but at least in my mind the outcome was never in jeopardy
  7. I expected us to open the lead in the second half because we now, for real, have depth on the bench. We opened the game and weathered foul trouble because we had viable options up and down the roster. Credit to the staff - well played boys.
My predictions that did not pop:
  1. Saba played? (6minutes | 1 Reb)
  2. Meka is lost, maybe in the Bermuda Triangle, AAmore likely something I just don’t know about
  3. I said 10+; it was 10 exact. I’ll own that
And I Failed You The Dark Knight Rises GIF

slugboy

Staff member

Devoe was 80% from 3 and 78% FG%. He pulled the team up to 53% from 3. ESPN says he led the game in assists and rebounds (tied with Howard), too.

We outrebounded UGA 35-26

How often do we get to 88 without overtime?

What a road win.

And, this team can get better, too

90553541-3C5C-4843-956A-E64758AF65E6.png

alagold

Helluva Engineer
It was a fine win (for a change vs mutts). For Devoe fans-he was the reincarnation of Kenny Anderson last night.You will talking about this performance like the triple-double for KA moons ago.It was a magical (37-7 reb-4 assts) night for him. The downside,we needed it all to win. AND- Ush was finally Ush.
Interesting side--both uga and Tech high scorers are SRs, I believe.Next yr will be a new story.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
So nice to win against a P5 team in the 'preseason' and not saddle ourselves with embarrassment before ACC play even starts. A few comments, which do nothing to take away from the pleasure of winning! First time I have had a chance to watch this team play:
  1. this team has some shooters! Best display of three point shooting I have seen in some time, and it continues a trend statistically. Those two frosh add something special
  2. I just hope we are not a "live by the sword (3 point shots) or die by the sword" as so many teams can be. I don't *think* we are as we clearly are trying to utilize the threat of the 3 to open passing lanes for slashers, hence our high % on 2 point shooting. Time will tell
  3. I was NOT impressed with UGa but if they had just shot their FT's better this might have been an L for us
  4. Our defense....lacks. Something. This looks like our achilles heel to me as this stage of the season.
  5. WHO blocked that layup attempt late that turned the game for us? It was 75-73 GT after we had just scored and UGa came down on a fast break and their guy was met at the rim by 2 (maybe 3?) of our guys. Announcers were muttering it should have been a goaltend, but that block turned the game. We go down and score to make it 77-73, they pressed for a poor outside shot which they missed, and we got Devoe in the lane for a beautiful short jumper. 79-73 and you could see by their body language the game was ovah! So, who DID block that shot?
Looks like a very interesting team to me. With the frosh important pieces, I worry most about the defense but this team will have a punchers chance against anyone they play.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Highlights. I think UGA played really well, and we took their best shot and still beat them.

Just reminded me how incredibly lopsided the broadcast was. I get it was Sec wetwork or w/e, but have a modicum of professionalism.

As the clocks running down it's, "bwah, whadidja learn about uga ta-day, blah, blah ..."

Uh, you learned that they suck and took a fat L despite having three fans in official's shirts joining them on the court, dumbarse.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
I thought they were biased towards Georgia, but I think the color guy liked us and thought we were the better team. He was genuinely pumped for the usher jams and Devoe threes.

Officials were horrible, about 2/3 of the charges both ways were blocking fouls. Going to replay so often messed with the flow of the game early.

Georgia isn’t a very good team, but they have some talent and were playing at home.