still like Kyle’s calming demeanor to start the game.
Ok.. upon reflection I got some hits and some misses and I’ll own them all.
But first off, let’s give a round of applause to the men of the Hour: our GT Bball Team!
My predictions that popped:
My predictions that did not pop:
- We did press them throughout the night
- They did not show an ability to hang with us down the stretch
- We did see more Zone. The 1-3-1 was killer for large stretches - they shot well out of it for a bit but all in all I think CJP won the scheme battle tonight
- I was high on Jordan’s return to fan favorite tonight. Was not wrong. Some of you doubters should probably take a Xanax every time you want to trashpost on our guy. He is playing HIGH level ball.
- We did do a better job tonight of running aggressive cuts and clear outs to open the lane up and guys (Usher mainly) took advantage of the widened lanes
- We were absolutely locked in, and I would argue the final score was never in doubt for our fans. We did press them throughout the night and survived some opportunistic runs from them - but at least in my mind the outcome was never in jeopardy
- I expected us to open the lead in the second half because we now, for real, have depth on the bench. We opened the game and weathered foul trouble because we had viable options up and down the roster. Credit to the staff - well played boys.
- Saba played? (6minutes | 1 Reb)
- Meka is lost, maybe in the Bermuda Triangle, AAmore likely something I just don’t know about
- I said 10+; it was 10 exact. I’ll own that
Highlights. I think UGA played really well, and we took their best shot and still beat them.