Article Georgia Tech vs Wright State

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
Last yr, Pastner got the credit.This yr he gets the blame.
STARTING with the fiasco with 2 of our best players not knowing about RULES.Suspensions-Then on a top of that -caused by a FRIEND of Pastner. Then a COACH gets suspended.---- There is a pattern here.

The injuries are significant but the effort is not there sometimes--like last nite AT HOME. Finding a new way to lose.Getting outscored when shooting over 50% for game.
This is OFFICIALLY a dumpster fire now.

we should fire cjp and make you coach. you obviously know what your doing.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
what did you folks expect...

-when two of our coaches are/were under investigation for two different incidents?
-when two of our players we suspended?
-when two of our best players on our team... are injured for at least a month each? one with a very serious injury.

-when one of our top 3 point shooting players ... a freshman also misses time?

and this all happened during the first 11 games of our season. the time most teams use to get the kinks out.

talk about distractions. we have had more distractions than i can recall over such a short time frame in quite awhile.

actually... we are seeing now what we expected to see last year.

and correct me if im wrong but didnt wofford beat unc recently?

go jackets
Yeah Wofford turned out to be a strong basketball team;)(y)

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
I worry that next year we won't be good either

We'll be better at every position except the 5, barring injuries. Not that many teams these days are great at the 5. The three point line has made it possible to win with a good perimeter game. But, you have to be able to shoot, which has been a GT problem for a long time now. We have seen this season how teams who can shoot but don't have great bigs on offense can win games.

Think Lethal Weapon 3: Scott was the tallest at 6'8, and he was a SF or even a 2.

Let's hope Devoe, Sjolund and CGB can give us the shooters we need.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I worry that next year we won't be good either

You kidding? We are going to be worse next year. I try to remain positive lately.......but I’m really getting tired of the well.....the *insert year* class is a huge class for us. It’s just life as a GT fan. We are a bottom tier power 5 program.

It could be worse. we could run a 1950s style offense like the football team

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
You kidding? We are going to be worse next year. I try to remain positive lately.......but I’m really getting tired of the well.....the *insert year* class is a huge class for us. It’s just life as a GT fan. We are a bottom tier power 5 program.

It could be worse. we could run a 1950s style offense like the football team
maybe. but they are at least relevant in their sport more recently than 2004

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
We'll be better at every position except the 5, barring injuries. Not that many teams these days are great at the 5. The three point line has made it possible to win with a good perimeter game. But, you have to be able to shoot, which has been a GT problem for a long time now. We have seen this season how teams who can shoot but don't have great bigs on offense can win games.

Think Lethal Weapon 3: Scott was the tallest at 6'8, and he was a SF or even a 2.

Let's hope Devoe, Sjolund and CGB can give us the shooters we need.
DS was not the tallest on that team. Malcolm Mackey , Johnnie McNeil and James Munlyn were all taller than him. I think Munlyn was the only center on the team, but Mackey (freshman) and McNeil played a lot of 5, with us in a 4-guard set. That year DS, BO & KA averaged over 37 min/game, with Karl Brown playing a lot.

I agree that we''ll see a ton of that again next year, depending on Ogbonda/Gueye. Wright/Cole/Sjolund will all be stretch-4's who may end up playing the Big in a 4-guard set. If you see Devoe, Alvarado, Heywood, Okogie, (or Phillips) on the floor at the same time (which I foresee happening a lot), these stretch-4's will have to slight down into a rebounding role if they want to see the floor. Too bad BG didn't RS Lammers his freshman year. Lammers averaged under 6 min/game and only played in 19 games as a freshman.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Hey, the replay is on right now for anyone that enjoys casually running their leg through a woodchipper.

... let me finish shaking up this soda before opening it, then I can turn the game on. NOT! (First 15 minutes aren't too bad... balance of game :( )

DS was not the tallest on that team. Malcolm Mackey , Johnnie McNeil and James Munlyn were all taller than him. I think Munlyn was the only center on the team, but Mackey (freshman) and McNeil played a lot of 5, with us in a 4-guard set. That year DS, BO & KA averaged over 37 min/game, with Karl Brown playing a lot.

I agree that we''ll see a ton of that again next year, depending on Ogbonda/Gueye. Wright/Cole/Sjolund will all be stretch-4's who may end up playing the Big in a 4-guard set. If you see Devoe, Alvarado, Heywood, Okogie, (or Phillips) on the floor at the same time (which I foresee happening a lot), these stretch-4's will have to slight down into a rebounding role if they want to see the floor. Too bad BG didn't RS Lammers his freshman year. Lammers averaged under 6 min/game and only played in 19 games as a freshman.
I didn't think James and Malcom played together. When Johnny came in he came with Karl and anther juco center that lasted 1 yr. I thought Malcom was the only center on that team.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Paraphrasing Jesus, he said not to worry about next season. It will take care of itself. Let’s get through this season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

39142828-A20D-4483-8B66-4BCD03130A08.gif

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
It’s true

But does anyone actually enjoy watching the Triple-O? Once you fall behind that’s it. Game over

Spoken like someone who never watches any games. If you watched this past season you'd know blowing double digit leads was a much bigger issue than our ability to come back.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
It’s true

But does anyone actually enjoy watching the Triple-O? Once you fall behind that’s it. Game over
It's a love hate relationship like any typical GT sport

Baseball is another frustrating one. It's the one sport we actually have pretty solidly rated talent but our team blows up every year

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Spoken like someone who never watches any games. If you watched this past season you'd know blowing double digit leads was a much bigger issue than our ability to come back.

You’re absolutely correct

I have no interest in watching the triple option. It’s not a championship style of of football