Votes: 54 30.3%
  • Temple by 14+

Votes: 23 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
A bit off topic, I know, but how would a one-win season affect our coaching staff? I am thinking about someone like Coach Key - considered among the elite at what he does, used to being at winning programs. Does it soil his reputation? Make him want to leave? Just curious about the psychology that surrounds losing...

Most coaches are former athletes and competitive people. I believe that a really bad year makes them work harder to prove themselves. I don't think they leave to avoid the challenges although facing the challenges at Tech take quit a toll on coaches (see Ross,Johnson, and Curry).

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Hey is connor hansen back? If he can play G and leave defoor at rt so it would be quinney, hanson, cooper, southers, defoor thats at least a scholarship line.

Anyone know? Hansen was solid too
I dont "know" but before cit game scuttle but on yellow jacket alley said hansen and morgan were being held out till Temple.

NorthsideJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Where are the remaning mega posters? All those posts must lead to something.

Show us your cards!

What do u predict?

Not a Mega Poster but...

I think the bye week was good medicine for us; we will go up there and play our most complete 3-phase game (I know, not a high bar) and come home with a 28-13 victory! T.O. will play the majority of the snaps and we will see, for the first time, an offensive game plan with cohesiveness, flow, and most importantly, a plan! Go Jackets!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Not a Mega Poster but...

I think the bye week was good medicine for us; we will go up there and play our most complete 3-phase game (I know, not a high bar) and come home with a 28-13 victory! T.O. will play the majority of the snaps and we will see, for the first time, an offensive game plan with cohesiveness, flow, and most importantly, a plan! Go Jackets!
Your point about the bye made me look at our schedule .

Towards last 3rd of season we 2 road games and then another bye before homecoming.

Kennethshannon20

Jolly Good Fellow
A bit off topic, I know, but how would a one-win season affect our coaching staff? I am thinking about someone like Coach Key - considered among the elite at what he does, used to being at winning programs. Does it soil his reputation? Make him want to leave? Just curious about the psychology that surrounds losing...
I don't think it would soil his reputation unless we did horrible 3 years straight. Only effect on coaching staff I see from a 1 win season is likely a change at OC. But probably not unless we have 2 bad seasons.

BiGTime22

Georgia Tech Fan
If this guy is their running back, I like our chances.

Y-VECSEY2-popup.jpg

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I said in my Citadel prediction that they were a very dangerous match-up for where our team was. What I was afraid of ended playing out worse than I imagined.

Temple is an ok match-up. Based on early results, their strengths are their passing offense* and passing defense. (*But their QB throws picks) Our strengths are our secondary on D and our rush game. Provided Peanut doesn't insist on pulling out players when they get hot. We ought to be able to move the ball on them on the ground. I predict our D generates some chaos and keeps us in the game.

Close loss, I predict the post-game talk is how much better we looked in some phases and why are we suddenly bad at _________. (some new issue)

For some reason, I feel like maybe it's time for LJ to show what the coaches are seeing and TO to have a bad game and muddy the whole QB discussion. JG is dressed, but Peanut doesn't play him, so Swarm Chat melts down every time one of the QBs makes a mistake.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
I said in my Citadel prediction that they were a very dangerous match-up for where our team was. What I was afraid of ended playing out worse than I imagined.

Temple is an ok match-up. Based on early results, their strengths are their passing offense* and passing defense. (*But their QB throws picks) Our strengths are our secondary on D and our rush game. Provided Peanut doesn't insist on pulling out players when they get hot. We ought to be able to move the ball on them on the ground. I predict our D generates some chaos and keeps us in the game.

Close loss, I predict the post-game talk is how much better we looked in some phases and why are we suddenly bad at _________. (some new issue)

For some reason, I feel like maybe it's time for LJ to show what the coaches are seeing and TO to have a bad game and muddy the whole QB discussion. JG is dressed, but Peanut doesn't play him, so Swarm Chat melts down every time one of the QBs makes a mistake.
Lj is out so let's go ahead and throw away that whole analysis.

Jmonty71

Banned
Both teams don't have great defenses. Difference is Temple can score on NCAA teams. GT can hardly score a TD on the local high school. Temple 31 GT 17
BTW. I think Lee Corso could do a better job coaching this team.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Lj is out so let's go ahead and throw away that whole analysis.

Yeah, just saw that. I find it shocking that Patenuade said 'Oliver graded out for the game with a 90.' “And nobody grades out as a 90. So, he played fantastic.” And yet, while the game was in progress kept pulling him for LJ right when we had momentum. Hopefully, this means Oliver stays in unless he needs to come out. I hope we see Graham too.

That further cements my thinking that we'll have success running the ball against Temple (Unless DP insists on having Oliver 'throw' it. Because 'balance'. Ugh, now that I think about it, we're probably going to have a lot of drives that look like this - Incomplete, Rush for 7, Incomplete, Booming Punt...)

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Surprised no one has brought this up:

Yates took a significant amount of practice reps during the open week, Patenaude said.

“He’s just a playmaker,” Patenaude said. “Really good little athlete, and has a good understanding of what we’re doing.”

The 3 QB rotation lives...:)

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Surprised no one has brought this up:

Yates took a significant amount of practice reps during the open week, Patenaude said.

“He’s just a playmaker,” Patenaude said. “Really good little athlete, and has a good understanding of what we’re doing.”

The 3 QB rotation lives...:)

If we rotate 3 qbs again I'll just watch all the games I have recorded from 2014 the rest of the year