• USF by 7-13

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • USF by 14+

Votes: 3 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
This is the fun part of the early season. Until proven otherwise, why waste effort on being negative. We are undefeated and going to stay that way! I will enjoy it as long as possible.
When did being sound minded become negative? I am rooting for the W! But their has to be an improvement from week 1 to week 2 or we are in trouble, said by the Head Ball coach himself.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
Agree tough to predict.

In our favor I think our running game matches up favorably vs their D.

On the other hand their offense until we prove we have a pass rush matches up favorably vs our defense. Also historically we haven't played well when we play a deep southern Florida team at home.

I think it will come down to turnovers. I expect USF to score quickly and often. I expect us to score both slowly and quickly. If we hang onto the ball on offense and can generate a takeaway or two on D I think we win by 7 or less. In our favor is that our experienced skill guys learn to hold onto the ball via trial of fire. If Jordan Mason gets carries it will be key for him to hold onto the ball.
And your prediction, sir ? Or did I miss it ?

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
When did being sound minded become negative? I am rooting for the W! But their has to be an improvement from week 1 to week 2 or we are in trouble, said by the Head Ball coach himself.

It is part of being a fan (fanatic) . Being irrationally positive during this part of the season. Logic and sound minded plays no part in it. Wait until we loose a game then it is time to root for the backup QB, the backup holder as well as fire the coach and expect Saban to come coach mid season.

My glass is currently overflowing. Later on I will throw it across the room and shatter it on my signed Reggie Ball poster.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I have been brought back to earth after watching the O over and over in slow motion. If there is not a correction in execution on the O, the D will really need to show up. The D has a tall order on Saturday due to their streangth and our newness in the backfield.

I really like WB at guard and hope he stays there. On the other had, I like the WB and PB combo. But I would rather have him at guard.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
You’d think I was a raging alcoholic with that much beer in the house but I don’t drink very often. I like brewing beer so I it kind of piles up unless I have my buddies over. They help me bring it down to reasonable levels. [emoji23]. Good friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What alcohol level do you brew to? what type do you brew best?

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
I have been brought back to earth after watching the O over and over in slow motion. If there is not a correction in execution on the O, the D will really need to show up. The D has a tall order on Saturday due to their streangth and our newness in the backfield.

I really like WB at guard and hope he stays there. On the other had, I like the WB and PB combo. But I would rather have him at guard.
The concerning part for me is our offense is solely Seniors and Juniors for the most part. I feel confident they will get the miscues corrected. My fear is that it may take more than a couple of games to do so and get in a rhythm. USF is a game we should win but can easily be lost if the offense sputters.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
What alcohol level do you brew to? what type do you brew best?

The alcohol level depends on the style. To calculate the ABV, you have to take a specific gravity reading before and after fermentation and I’ve been awful about taking the SG reading before fermentation begins because I’m usually a little pooped after a long brew day. So, to answer your question, I’m not sure but I think most styles are probably between 4 and 7 percent. The best beers I made have been my first try at a Guinness clone and a double IPA. I’ve had a really hard time with fruit beers though as I’ve only had one of those turn out. Have you ever done any brewing?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think it will come down to turnovers. I expect USF to score quickly and often. I expect us to score both slowly and quickly. If we hang onto the ball on offense and can generate a takeaway or two on D I think we win by 7 or less. In our favor is that our experienced skill guys learn to hold onto the ball via trial of fire. If Jordan Mason gets carries it will be key for him to hold onto the ball.

TOs are a key. At -2 it is a toss up we probably lose. -1 we probably win. Any better increases margin of victory.

I'm torn on TM throwing. He is so erratic he needs the practice in a real game, but I want to win...........

Also, I saw some BB handoffs last week that were too high. But I'd rather run all day if we are ahead.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

I'm along with you only watching real time. Were some of the BB handoffs too high? Also did the missed EP feature a poor snap?

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think the high hand offs caused the fumble and allowed the DE to change targets. High hand offs may cause the hand to get trapped in the mesh. High hand offs expose who is getting the ball. This also destroys the pad level of the BBack?

Going point @GTNavyNuke .... I never thought about the hight of the hand off. But, what if you had a Laskey versus a Benson BBack?

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The snapped looked good to me (hard to see with the camera angle). It look like it got set fine...Poor maybe because it was a bit at the holder and not the holders placement.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
The alcohol level depends on the style. To calculate the ABV, you have to take a specific gravity reading before and after fermentation and I’ve been awful about taking the SG reading before fermentation begins because I’m usually a little pooped after a long brew day. So, to answer your question, I’m not sure but I think most styles are probably between 4 and 7 percent. The best beers I made have been my first try at a Guinness clone and a double IPA. I’ve had a really hard time with fruit beers though as I’ve only had one of those turn out. Have you ever done any brewing?

No I never have but over the years I've had friends who were into it. I only helped drink it. Brewing is a young man's sport. I'd rather golf and drink afterwards. :)

JacketBrad

Georgia Tech Fan
USF 27
GT 24

Hope I'm wrong. Here's why I don't think we beat these guys:

1. We haven't won on the road since 2016.
2. The oppressive humidity will favor USF.
3. Our OL looked surprisingly shaky last week for such a veteran group. Think the O-line will improve once Cooper is back.
4. Our secondary is incredibly inexperienced, and USF's QB looks like the real deal.
5. Our passing game: if anything, I saw regression last week vs. last season. Our QB has thrown 6 interceptions in last 5 games.

If the game was at Bobby Dodd, I would predict a 4 point GT win.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Going point @GTNavyNuke .... I never thought about the hight of the hand off. But, what if you had a Laskey versus a Benson BBack?

I guess the QB has to adapto_O

The snapped looked good to me (hard to see with the camera angle). It look like it got set fine...Poor maybe because it was a bit at the holder and not the holders placement.

Toward the holder is what I saw. They measure snap and kick times in 1/100this of a second. For an EP it shouldn't matter too much, but I think they (snapper, holder, kicker) have little experience. Snapper New, kicker 5-6 games and I don't remember Harvin holding till off-season.