Will you travel to the Quick Crapper Bowl

• Yes

Votes: 16 8.0%
  • No

Votes: 184 92.0%

• Total voters

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Bowl sucks but don't lose to USF and Duke and we aren't in this situation. I find it a bit silly to get all up in arms about which mediocre bowl picked which mediocre team.
Who knows, I could see us beating usf & puke & the acc still sticking us in effing Detroit.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
20161216_133530.jpg
OK swarm peeps, looks like we will be blowing dust off the banner
...ROAD TRIIIIP!!!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
My son went to school in Flint. So I've been to Flint and Detroit a bit. Detroit is a place everyone should visit at least once just to dispel unfounded biases.

It can be cold or warm in late December like the rest of the country. I remember our last Orange Bowl where it was so cold the iguanas were freezing and falling out of the trees. So you just don't know. For this game, who cares? It's inside.

I won't go since it interferes with XMas plans. I was looking forward to something within driving range of Va around New Years and planned to be home for a bowl then. Oh well, may be the last bowl we ever go to listening to some on this board.

gtphd

Jolly Good Fellow
I won't go since it interferes with XMas plans. I was looking forward to something within driving range of Va around New Years and planned to be home for a bowl then. Oh well, may be the last bowl we ever go to listening to some on this board.

That’s my problem, as well. I don’t want to spend Christmas with my family in a Detroit hotel room. The timing of this bowl is terrible.

GT_EE78

Banned
Quick Lane Bowl, December 26th in Detroit. Sink the boat.
WOW, There's gonna be so much excitement I can't wait to read this thread! Do you think they will actually accept this bid? Is it safe to drink the water there? Anyone even know what a Quicklane is? maybe a gas station? Is this like the 37th or 38th best bowl? What's the weather forecast? My biggest question for this game is whether or not anyone knows what the acronym GASPARILLO stands for??

Animal02

Banned
WOW, There's gonna be so much excitement I can't wait to read this thread! Do you think they will actually accept this bid? Is it safe to drink the water there? Anyone even know what a Quicklane is? maybe a gas station? Is this like the 37th or 38th best bowl? What's the weather forecast? My biggest question for this game is whether or not anyone knows what the acronym GASPARILLO stands for??
Tech already acceted the bid.
Quick Lane.....some tire company I have never heard of.
Weather inside the stadium will be dry, about 70 degrees. Outside the stadium is iffy.
Detroit water is actually quite good.....Flint's problems began when they got rid of Detroit waster and got their own from their river.
Have no clue what the hell a Gasparilla is.

GT_EE78

Banned
The only upside is that we might get a lot of exposure in the region. And since we know that we have to expand our recruiting nationally, I can only see this helping when the the new Big Kahuna takes over the whistle. Not so great for the fans. But big picture this could be very good for us. Of course we had better have named the new guy by kickoff to maximize the publicity.
I'm not so sure about exposure in that region. Too much of it could result in damage to "high value" body parts.

GTFLETCH

Banned
@GTAthletics and @GeorgiaTechFB knows that they dropped the ball. Other teams and programs are tweeting out their bowl announcements and there is nothing but crickets from our administration(45 minutes after Minnesota announced to the world they were playing GT in Detroit).

I don't blame Coach Paul Johnson for retiring from this crap.

Swofford and the ACC got tired of Paul calling them out for the crappy scheduling. This is payback pure and simple. Swofford a UNC guy right? This conference is a ******* joke.

Proof
@GopherFootball
tweet at 2:09 PM - 2 Dec 2018

@GeorgiaTechFB
tweet 2:45 PM - 2 Dec 2018