Will you travel to the Quick Crapper Bowl

• Yes

Votes: 16 8.0%
  • No

Votes: 184 92.0%

• Total voters

slugboy

Staff member
Looks like Minnesota will be favored by about 2 points. Basically a home game for them (I realize Detroit is in Michigan, but they’re much closer than us).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Looks like Minnesota will be favored by about 2 points. Basically a home game for them (I realize Detroit is in Michigan, but they’re much closer than us).

GT is a 4.5 point favorite right now. Are you expecting the line to shift that much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I hope we all keep in mind the Sun Bowl game against USC. Their players and their coaches and their fans spent a month whining and complaining about the bowl, about GT, about... well, about. I thought it was embarrassing for them, not to mention ungrateful -- at least they got a bowl. Let's not go there. To steal from our departing coach, if we wanted a better bowl, play better. Let's go whip Minnesota.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
I hope we all keep in mind the Sun Bowl game against USC. Their players and their coaches and their fans spent a month whining and complaining about the bowl, about GT, about... well, about. I thought it was embarrassing for them, not to mention ungrateful -- at least they got a bowl. Let's not go there. To steal from our departing coach, if we wanted a better bowl, play better. Let's go whip Minnesota.

The biggest key is making sure D-Mo goes to the game to whip the guys up into one last frenzy for CPJ and (potentially) him.

GT 66 - Minn 21

GT_05

Helluva Engineer

Personally, I have nothing against Minnesota; I think this is a good matchup. I have nothing against the Quick Lane Bowl except there is no way I can be in Detroit the day after Christmas. I really, really wanted to be at CPJ’s last game. THERE IS NO NEXT YEAR! What I have a problem with is getting picked behind three teams that we beat and finished ahead of in the rankings. I could’ve made it to the Pinstripe, Belk, or Music City.

slugboy

Staff member
GT is a 4.5 point favorite right now. Are you expecting the line to shift that much?

I looked at S&P+. Usually doesn’t diverge from Vegas that much.
Maybe Vegas sees something.

BilldGopher

Jolly Good Fellow

Ummm...If GT playing basically at the distance away as West Virginia's campus is a "home game" for you...okay. Admittedly it's 1.5 hours by air for us...but a 10+ hour drive. Really not considered our "home" territory. Detroit is also very close to Ann Arbor...which is not Gopher friendly. We have a Jug problem in the vicinity.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Personally, I have nothing against Minnesota; I think this is a good matchup. I have nothing against the Quick Lane Bowl except there is no way I can be in Detroit the day after Christmas. I really, really wanted to be at CPJ’s last game. THERE IS NO NEXT YEAR! What I have a problem with is getting picked behind three teams that we beat and finished ahead of in the rankings. I could’ve made it to the Pinstripe, Belk, or Music City.

What if we tee it up and Johnson throws it 26 straight times or so for a matched set, runs once for variety, and chunks it some more? He would explain later that maybe he had misappreciated the pass all those years. Tell me that wouldn't be funny.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Is that driving distance or Crow flying?
I know I can get to ATL from Detroit quicker than I can get to parts of the upper peninsula of Michigan

According to trusty google Minneapolis to Detroit 694 miles, Atlanta to Detroit 724 miles. Admittedly it's a straighter shot from Atlanta, merely one interstate (I-75) to worry about :D

gtg147g

Georgia Tech Fan
So I'm supposed to drive from Nashville to Cincinnati to be with my daughter, her husband and my 15 month old grandson. Leave them on Christmas day to see the game? I would travel to all of the other bowls with exception on one (Pinstripe) and preordered tickets just to be able to do that but leave family on Christmas day? Ain't happening.

The stadium is 3 hrs 50 minute drive from where I live in Cinci. If I leave at noon on the 26th I’ll get there in plenty of time. Just saying...