Will you travel to the Quick Crapper Bowl

• Yes

Votes: 16 8.0%
  • No

Votes: 184 92.0%

• Total voters

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
It would be cool if a bunch of us buy 4 tickets a piece, in the GT section, and then donate them to a Boys and Girls Club in Detroit. Get 50 of us to do this and we get 200 fans cheering GT on. The GT Megatron connection could be played up
I'm also interested in buying tickets for students willing to make the drive but don't want to worry about buying tickets.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Quick Lane Exec Dir Brad Michaels said: “We’re confident, no matter who we get they’re going to leave here wanting to come back”. Of course dickhead, they’ll want their wallets, cellphones, etc back. You can always cancel credit cards, the cash is gone forever, but if you haven’t backed up your cellphone it could have a lot of necessary stuff on it.

slugboy

Staff member

One of the benefits is that they get to watch the Detroit Lions play (on Christmas Day?). Would not be my cup of tea. Maybe the kids will like it.

Searcy’s comment was cool. They have a right to feel slighted. The commissioner should apologize for this. He won’t, but he should. And he should do something to make up for it, like better scheduling, but he also won’t do that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
Am I disappointed that it is a no-name bowl game? Sure. And yes, I think it is disrespectful. But for me, I'm so incredibly disappointed at WHERE and WHEN it is. With CPJ retiring, I really wanted to take my dad to see CPJ call one last game, and it's just not possible. I would have traveled 8 hours (not in snow) to go see the Jackets play anyone - in ANY bowl that I could have gotten to. I'm so disappointed that it's in Detroit on 12/26.

upwgdrb

Jolly Good Fellow
Fans that say "This bowl sucks, I'm not going"...well, you're part of the reason why we always find ourselves in crap bowls. GT doesn't travel well. On top of that, we're 7-5 and came off a trouncing by UGA. CPJ is retiring...no one outside of GT and our fans and potential coaching hires cares. The irony is, some are making a big deal that CPJ is retiring, YET still refuse to go. If you don't see how silly that is...well, that's why we're going to Detroit.

I'll be there, and I'm taking family that lives in Michigan. Put your money where your mouth is or shut up about being "disrespected".

To be honest it’s not that is that bad to me, it’s the date that’s bad the day after Christmas. I normally go to all bowl games. This one I am having to think about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
No ACC fanbase travels well to Detroit. The attendance figures back that up. 20k would be a good guess, probably 15k Minnesota fans.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Xmas in Motown. I'll watch 8 Mile on the flight to get fly mind right.

I won't lie, Michigan is brutal during the winter. During the spring and summer Michigan is actually quite beautiful with a lot of things to do. They've totally renovated parts of Detroit and it's pretty cool.

I mean, I get it...Detroit during the winter a day after Xmas isn't ideal. Then again, 2 years of math at GT isn't fun either. Deal with it. :)

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Despite my disappointment, I decided to check how Minnesota's season has gone since I don't follow them.

They give up a LOT of points. We can rout them if our guys are motivated and ready.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m chuckling at the people complaining about this bowl. Everyone’s a victim.

Nobody is a victim Boaty1, it’s completely fair and reasonable to complain that we cannot get to a Bowl taking place in a state that doesn’t even have the ability to claim any interest in GA TECH, The ACC or even MINNESOTA for that matter or their fanbase.