Votes: 44 35.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
That is not my guess at a score, that is what I think it would take to keep uga at 21.

I think GT can score about the same as Miami and UVA game ~26 to 27 points with 1 turnover given and 2 turnover takeaway. Plus three should give 31 points.

Got to have good GT show up and really win the turnover margin to have a chance.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The last two times we traveled to the pool of stench, the talk around here was probably identical to the talk today. We won both of those games, just sayin'. The number to get to is 35. Only one team has done so to them this season.

There are some things to like match-up-wise heading into this game. First and foremost, UGAg has a youthful defense, many of whom have not played against us yet. We tend to thrive against inexperience, even if they are very athletic and talented. Their MLB will not be Roquon Smith this year, nuff said.

I don't think we will need to be plus three in turnovers to win, so long as we are moving the ball like I suspect we will. If we finish drives, plus one might be enough.

Barring something crazy, like a ton of turnovers or crazy STs plays, the ONLY WAY we have a chance is to be very successful on offense, with a few VERY time consuming drives mixed in. Quick scores will work nicely, but I think scoring slowly will more of what the doctor ordered. We will need our defense fresh in the end or it is unlikely we will finish the way we would like. So lower possession totals favors us. Additionally, if we ice their offense and make it difficult for them to get in a rhythm, because they are standing with their helmet in their hand and cold rain coming down for long periods of time, they could start to press.

You never know, this thing could go sideways from the get go, but I don't think it will. GT 35 - UGAg 31. We have the ball last and get three first downs to burn the clock down to 0:00. We have the ball nine times and score 5 TDs. They have it only 8 and score 4 TDs and a FG.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
If they play fromm and let him pass in 1st quarter, they take a 14 point lead into 2nd quarter.
Then if they put in too qb we cut it to 10 at half time.
We score on opening drive.
If they keep r p o going we out score them to the wire.
If they pass we cant keep up.

They pass and we go down 35-21

Deleted member 2897

Take under 60... I see it 38-17 bad guys

Yea, the last 3 weeks I’ve been all over it, and my gut says 36-16 dwags, but I refuse to predict that, so I’m not participating in the poll or stating my prediction.

I hope the health department condemns the cesspool before the game starts and the game has to be canceled.

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
UGA 31 Tech 10. They have too much talent and an unranked Tech team has never beaten a UGA team ranked in the top 10 in fact we have only beaten ranked UGA teams twice when we were unranked (1984-1985). Hope I am wrong and we make some history.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Damn I’m glad ugag is not as great as most of you think hell TECH might as well stay home . Would like to see JG play some .

It’s ok to recognize reality.

Fromm is a very good QB. Their O-Line is massive. We’ve struggled to get pressure against lesser teams. They run it pretty well, too.

Their K always puts it in or thru the end zone, so won’t be a chance to get a big return, and is a very good fg kicker.

I think we can move the ball on their D, but there’s no doubt they’ll be one of the most talented D’s we’ve faced. They essentially had a bye last week, so they’ve had more time to work on us.

It’ll take lucky breaks and a near perfect game to win.

mattfromatl

Georgia Tech Fan
UGA has a huge advantage in talent in so many areas. SPEED on D , SPEED at WR, balanced offensive attack. BUT I think we have some advantages: We have better coaching, IMO, especially at HC. We might be in their heads a little bit, playing at Sanford stadium. Our OL is playing well right now. Their DL and LBs are not experienced playing the TO ( but U Mass gives them 2 weeks to prepare ).
I am a little more optimistic than the oddsmakers- I think we have about a 20% chance of pulling off the upset. IF, and it's a HUGE IF, we are ahead , or even 3 points behind at half, I think our odds improve to about 40%.
After all that , I still think the Dwags will prevail, say 31-20.

upload_2018-11-23_10-11-48.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-11-23_10-1-59.png
    upload_2018-11-23_10-1-59.png
    13 KB · Views: 18
  • upload_2018-11-23_10-10-9.png
    upload_2018-11-23_10-10-9.png
    126.8 KB · Views: 18
Status
Not open for further replies.