• Georgia by 14+

Votes: 44 35.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
This game is an uphill climb which we are not likely to win on paper, but I won't pick against our boys. They have shown resilience in the second half of the season. GT 31 - 27.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
This game is a hard one to predict for sure.

Their ILB is not the best we’ve seen so we could get yards up the middle. Their OLBs and secondary are pretty good so we may have some trouble on the edge.

Our secondary is not always the best this year and they thrive on short play action passes so we may get carved up there while we focus on stopping their running up the middle.

My head sees this going one of three ways.

Shootout in the 40’s-50’s aka gotta score every time to hold serve.

Offenses hurt themselves and it ends up a game of who capitalized on the others mistakes.

Or we get smoked.

41-28

UGA

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I think georgia wins by 10. We cover and keep it close but, I think their D gets enough stops and puts us in long yardage, passing situations that we aren’t good enough to convert and our inability to tackle well ultimately costs us the game..... I hate it but I just feel like we’re not quite there to pull it out. To finish 7-5 is a minor miracle if you think about where we were at the end of September. I think we win the bowl game and end 8-5!

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Before I make my prediction, I wanted to look at some stats and wait just a little longer to see more about the weather. Here are some stats I found in my search.

UGA’s strength of schedule through week 12 is 36 while ours is 50. We have 3 fewer wins against an easier schedule.

UGA’s season rushing yard total and yards per attempt are similar to Pitt and Clemson. We gave up 138 rushing yards against Pitt and 146 rushing yards against Clemson early in the season.

It looks like UGA hasn’t played a team that runs the ball a lot or that effectively. The UGA opponent that has the rushing stats closest to ours is Florida, ranked 38th in rushing yards and 22nd in yards per attempt (we are 1st in rushing yards and 11th in yards per attempt). Florida’s rushing stats for the season are almost exactly the same as USF.

UGA ranks 70th in passing yards (behind Clemson, Duke, VT, Bowling Green, and USF). Where UGA excels in passing is in completion percentage (ranked 7th at 68.8%). Maybe they throw a lot of screens and short routes?

GT ranks #6 in penalties (45 for 427 yards) and UGA ranks #63 (66 for 585 yards). I noticed that USF is #125 (90 for 819 yards). In our game versus USF, GT had 8 penalties for 80 yards and USF had 5 penalties for 36 yards. Anybody else feel like something dirty happened at this game?

To be continued:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
UGA has a huge advantage in talent in so many areas. SPEED on D , SPEED at WR, balanced offensive attack. BUT I think we have some advantages: We have better coaching, IMO, especially at HC. We might be in their heads a little bit, playing at Sanford stadium. Our OL is playing well right now. Their DL and LBs are not experienced playing the TO ( but U Mass gives them 2 weeks to prepare ).
I am a little more optimistic than the oddsmakers- I think we have about a 20% chance of pulling off the upset. IF, and it's a HUGE IF, we are ahead , or even 3 points behind at half, I think our odds improve to about 40%.
After all that , I still think the Dwags will prevail, say 31-20.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
We death march every drive (6-8 min drives) and win 28-27. Have to keep their O off the field and wear down their D. 60 minutes of hell for the dawgs, PJ style.
Yep. This could happen. My scenario:

It rains. Tobias takes over at QB. We hold on to the ball for 38 minutes. We win or lose by 7 or less.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I picked dwags to win by <7. That's what I've done the last three weeks for opponents and I'm still stitious. Also going to buy the same chicken wings I've bought last three weeks. I've changed alcoholic beverages each week and that hasn't hurt (our fortunes but my body has suffered).

Actually I think we lose by >14 or win just slightly. We'll need to be at least +2 if not +3 in turnovers and have the TOP by a large margin. Our best D is our O on the field. And our ST have to be flawless and make some big plays .........

It's great to be playing with house money! With everyone expecting us to lose, UGAg has tremendous downside in this game. I hope they get really beat up and pull a lot of muscles regardless of the outcome so that Alabama can wipe the field with them.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
UGA’s only goal for the year is to win a Natty. I’m betting they prepped for us last week, before UMASS, and they’ve moved on to prepping for Bammer. UGA will have to play a nearly perfect game to beat Bammer just like we will have to play a nearly perfect game to beat UGA.

If the stars align in our favor and they overlook us, GT 34 - Mutts 31

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Mutts have a top 5 O and a top 40 (30?) defense. They have so many weapons on O they will be hard to stop. Their D is probably good enough to get a few stops.

They should win by 3 TDs based on talent alone. I hoping our guys want to and game prep wins over talent. Long shot again this year.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
This will get down to turnovers and special teams. If we are 2+ in the turnover margin and give up no big plays on special teams, then I think we sneak by. Also, think we will need TO at QB to run hard downhill and our kicker to keep hitting his FGs.

Status
Not open for further replies.