• Duke by 7-13

Votes: 25 18.5%
  • Duke by 14+

Votes: 77 57.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I’m predicting we randomly win 2 more games this year, but I have no clue which games they might be. I’d love for this to be one of the two. Jackets 24-16

We continue with the pass happy, show we are not the CPJ run offense and have 3 consecutive 3 and outs. Duke scores 14 in the first quarter. 21 -0 at the half Duke.. Second half we continue to throw the ball without success and the defense wears out as Coach Cut brings out the Flex and runs triple option with success. Final Duke 45-7. Yes I have no faith in this coaching staff.

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
Duke runs the ball well with a good mobile QB who is capable of passing and an OLine the fires off the ball. That’s a bad matchup for us. We don’t play the run well, and we aren’t athletic enough to generate a pass rush without sending 6 or 7 people. I don’t see our defense getting off the field. It’ll be a death by paper cuts kind of day.

I would like to see continued progress on offense.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
We were the better team last year and got fumblitis. Wouldn’t mind that swinging the other way this year.

28-20 Tech.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Duke runs the ball well with a good mobile QB who is capable of passing and an OLine the fires off the ball. That’s a bad matchup for us. We don’t play the run well, and we aren’t athletic enough to generate a pass rush without sending 6 or 7 people. I don’t see our defense getting off the field. It’ll be a death by paper cuts kind of day.

I would like to see continued progress on offense.
I sure don't see us winning in a shoot out this year. Their QB is a senior against our freshman. Not a good matchup. They have historically run a ball control passing game against us with a mix of run. We will need to force some turnovers.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I think we continue to build each week. I am not looking for a W (it is possible though). I want to continue to see our players and fans fight till the end.

Duke 35-GT21
Sad to see 59% of our fans think we will lose by +14. As for seeing the players and fans fight till the end the players will , but as for the fans I saw this in 1981 and 1994 won't happen maybe the core 28,000 other won't.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I remember threads in the past dedicated to looking at projected underdog-opponent's fan predictions.

I remember thinking it's a no-win situation as the fan of a poorly performing team. You can predict a win and look delusional or predict a loss and look like a bad fan.

I mean, we can hope that Duke plays D like UNC did once they had a three score lead in the second half or that unc's lead had no effect on how they played D, but I think we suspect that's unlikely.

So, we have to hope that a switch is flipped, and we just call and execute plays better than we've seen.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
Unfortunately, there are just too many things to overcome with our EXTREMELY young team ( HC included ) to put it all together against DOOK. UNC exposed our D
(600+ yards)-weak pass rush +LBs that are not good in space = successful ball control short pass game.
Our O success against UNC was mostly against backups. Graham getting better, but he needs much more development, and will start getting it finally. Cutcliffe and staff have seen RPO many, many times. Peanut will not surprise them.
If , and it's a HUGE if, we can get some turnovers , and don't shoot ourselves in the foot, we might surprise.
But I am picking Dook 31-20.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
The last time our coaching triumvirate faced Duke--with a team they consider more talented than ours and with their schemes fully installed--they lost 56-27.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Pretty sure Collins wasn't involved, so the last time would be...never.

I'm pretty sure that he and his staff recruited/developed the players. He took credit for them when he coached against them, so I think he'd disagree with you saying he wasn't involved.

It was his OC and DC who called the plays, so again I think he'd disagree.

It is true that his departure could have influenced the team's play. I just thought I'd add the data point. Perhaps it's not meaningful for that reason.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Maybe because Duke has lots of players injured and has only played one good game this year.

I don't think we should underestimate them. The upper part of the Coastal division is better than the dumpster fire portrayed. Virginia, Pitt, North Carolina, and Duke are decent football teams. Outside their opening loss to Alabama, they only lost to Pitt by a field goal, a team that lost to Penn State by only 7. I know their other completion wasn't stellar, but they slaughtered the three teams they beat.
If we beat them, or even play them a close game, it's a big step forward (relatively speaking).