Georgia Tech proposes a one-word change in ‘Ramblin’ Wreck’ lyrics

'Cheer' or 'Join'?

• Cheer

Votes: 107 74.8%
  • Join

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Don't care, why are we even talking about this?

Votes: 30 21.0%

• Total voters

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Is Georgia Tech trying to change it, or is this just a petition started by some folks to try to get it changed? Big difference.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
"Oh, if I had a daughter sir, I'd dress her in white and gold,
I'd put her on the campus to cheer the brave and bold."

I always took this lyric to mean she was a student in the stands cheering the team right along with everybody else. That's already inclusive if you ask me.
The next line talks about what his son would be yelling at the game. In both situations, they're students yelling at the game. Where's the lack of inclusion?

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
images

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I don't think this is any big deal myself. If Tech wants to do it to be more "inclusive", it's their movie. I can sing the thing either way and, if the female students like it better that way, who am I (or any other male who wants peace in his life) to stand in the way?

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
Lol...wow...OK. I'm not going to change how I sing it.

This politically correct stuff is funny. Change cheer to join so we don't offend women, but keep "to hell with Georgia" where we wish an entire school and fan base to eternal damnation, lol

Leave the damn song alone...

Exactly. And take the reference to booze out too while we're at it... I'm sure Coke would give us some money for a product placement.

I'd prefer this wasn't even a thread in the football forum. We should be talking about how tomorrow is the turning point for the season!

/

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Cheese is right. What part of "put her on the campus to cheer the Brave and Bold" suggests that she isn't a student? What are we implying, that students don't cheer? Give me a break. Look, I am all for making everybody feel welcome, but we are screwing with the world's greatest fight song here, for no other reason than so a few organizers can feel better about themselves. "to join the Brave and Bold" sounds to me like we are putting her on the field to play CFB.