Georgia Tech Injury Report

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Injuries, ejection, departures, bad karma....whatever. Our depth has taken a beating. Help me out with a list of folks that have missed time so far this season. Maybe talking about it will get it out of our system....

Qua
Snoddy
Gamble
Byerly
Taquon
Quaide
Summers

Gotsis

Harrell
Andrews

Who am I missing? Did Milton get hurt on Saturday? Did AJ Gray play any?
What's wrong with Gotsis?

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Injuries, ejection, departures, bad karma....whatever. Our depth has taken a beating. Help me out with a list of folks that have missed time so far this season. Maybe talking about it will get it out of our system....

Qua
Snoddy
Gamble
Byerly
Taquon
Quaide
Summers

Gotsis

Harrell
Andrews

Who am I missing? Did Milton get hurt on Saturday? Did AJ Gray play any?

Add Allen and Hankins and Braun and J Johnson..

Gray played STs and some at Safety.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I tend to believe nothing has been proven either way in the plug-and-play discussion.

Quinlan: Injuries Bite the Jackets

Based on my personal definition of plug-and-play, playing 3 strings deeper at AB disqualifies the results we've seen from that group thus far (and by the way, everyone has their own definition of "plug-and-play" which seems to be the root of the debate) . I said this once before - Clinton Lynch was "just trying to get on the bus" a few weeks ago. He's now solidly in our rotation. And when I think about it with that perspective he's met my expectations.

Even in a year like last year, Clemson and Duke made things difficult in much the same way that Notre Dame and Duke have this year. I do think it's been a little uglier this year, however:
  1. Both opponents this year came earlier in the year. We struggled early in the year last year against lesser opponents before hitting our stride. And then we still struggled with Duke and Clemson.
  2. Several of the ABs who were given the most reps/experience through the summer and fall camp, and therefore most likely to improve as the season progresses, are no longer available.

So far this year the OL has admitted overthinking and JT has been stressing/out of character. Add in the fact that we are comparing the offense against the most efficient offense in the history of the metric last year. For those reasons I don't know, even had we returned all 11 starters from last year, that we'd be as good as last year.

It's still a wait-and-see thing for me. We really need to avoid further injuries for the sake of the team, but also to give the plug-and-play discussion/test a control period. Just my 2 cents.
It seems to me -- and I know it is a simplification -- that to buy into the plug-and-play argument, one must also buy the premise that time in the offensive system and game experience do not mean anything. The argument otherwise loses steam. Or it does to me. I just do not believe that even very talented true freshmen can execute as well as 5th year seniors. It is just unreasonable on is face. This is not to argue that they can't play better than we've seen. To paraphrase Richard Pryor, we see some egregious failures with our own lying eyes. They will get better by playing but getting there is going to be bumpy.

Dave.S

Jolly Good Fellow
Hopefully Qua can get a medical redshirt, need to play in less than 20% of the games and the injury must happen in the first half of the season.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Hopefully Qua can get a medical redshirt, need to play in less than 20% of the games and the injury must happen in the first half of the season.
The medical redshirt is the "easy part"

He'd also have to get a 6th year of eligibility since he redshirted last year. This is currently what Byerly and Joe are facing if they apply for one too.

stingyoa$$

Jolly Good Fellow
I hope Qua is getting some help around campus. Going to classes with a broken leg and just getting around in general must really suck. As fans we tend to forget that these guys have many more responsibilities other than football.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Saw the tidbit that Summers may be back. IMO this would be the most important injury news this week. Anyone hear anything substantial on that one?