Georgia Tech Head Coach Hot List

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
1. You can poop on it if you want, but he was the WCC coach of the year that year. You can also ignore the context that they had fired their previous coach for violations and were coming off sanctions. But you can believe what you want to believe.
2. Flimsy? Both his sons grew up in Atlanta. He is godfather to one of our own basketball players. He may not have the connections that AAR does, but you are kidding yourself if you think he has no connections or carries no weight with AAU or HS coaches.

1) And we just fired an ACC CotY who took over a team projected to go winless in conference. It was still just one year, and sorry but the banner year of a coach being not making the NCAAT is a hard pill to swallow no matter how hard the job is. It would be different if he had any other successful stint as a HC but it's the only one he has.

2) As far as basketball connections go yes, that is flimsy and bordering on irrelevant since he was what, 3 time zones away when they were in HS? Compared to actively coaching and recruiting the area for multiple years that isn't significant.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
1) And we just fired an ACC CotY who took over a team projected to go winless in conference. It was still just one year, and sorry but the banner year of a coach being not making the NCAAT is a hard pill to swallow no matter how hard the job is. It would be different if he had any other successful stint as a HC but it's the only one he has.

2) As far as basketball connections go yes, that is flimsy and bordering on irrelevant since he was what, 3 time zones away when they were in HS? Compared to actively coaching and recruiting the area for multiple years that isn't significant.
You can believe what you to believe.

Bye, Felicia!

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
@lv20gt just get over your rabid desire to hire Kelsey. It's over.

Let's all get behind our soon to be coach.

This isn't even about Kelsey. Just about every name someone has mentioned makes more sense than this except the obvious joke ones or the far out candidates.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This isn't even about Kelsey. Just about every name someone has mentioned makes more sense than this except the obvious joke ones or the far out candidates.
That's because you cling hard & fast to stats and have no clue how the human element & intangibles work in college hoops.

You don't want to get on board with this, I'm glad to be done chatting with you.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
That's because you cling hard & fast to stats and have no clue how the human element & intangibles work in college hoops.

You don't want to get on board with this, I'm glad to be done chatting with you.

It's odd folks are so attached to any of the names. They all have legit questionmarks. There were and are no slam dunks.

At this point, may as well get behind the dude we hire.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
It's odd folks are so attached to any of the names. They all have legit questionmarks. There were and are no slam dunks.

At this point, may as well get behind the dude we hire.
I agree with line one but will pick at line 2 just a bit.

I would contend it isn't just "might as well" get behind him - I think there are good reasons for this being a very solid hire that should get our support as such. IOW hoping for more enthusiasm (and giving :) ) than would come across in might as well. Yea I know I just went all syntax nazi on you but I do think it is an important distinction. :)

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I agree with line one but will pick at line 2 just a bit.

I would contend it isn't just "might as well" get behind him - I think there are good reasons for this being a very solid hire that should get our support as such. IOW hoping for more enthusiasm (and giving :) ) than would come across in might as well. Yea I know I just went all syntax nazi on you but I do think it is an important distinction. :)

Aye, I like having my nits picked. ;)

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Someone needs to do a poll on whether we should like our new coach or skip right to the bitching and moaning. It’s probably too early for most to start on the hate, but there no doubt will be a few eager beavers chomping at the bit to claim they were first.
We can like the hire and ***** and moan. We're GA Tech! We can do that!

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
I don’t think I did that right in the above post, but Goodman tweeted that the deal is done and there will be a press conference tomorrow.

slugboy

Staff member
Ohhh and jbix commits the first turnover of the CDS era. ;)

... but kg picks it up and throws it downnnnn...

Some Celtics fans thought he’d stay on through the NBA finals. Betting that they don’t like that news 🗞️