Georgia Tech Head Coach Hot List

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I don't have one, but felt it make sense to start a focused thread on the topic, now that it's happening.

From what I'm reading, Batt was only making this change if a candidate he liked was lined up.

If that's the case, we're basically guessing the person, not figuring out the list.

Out of the gate, I like Abdur Rahim or Richey.

I love Rick Pitino, obviously and my dream is Jarrett Jack, even if that's a bad idea.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I don't have one, but .....

Fox Tv Excuse GIF by loveconnectionfox

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
I don't have one, but felt it make sense to start a focused thread on the topic, now that it's happening.

From what I'm reading, Batt was only making this change if a candidate he liked was lined up.

If that's the case, we're basically guessing the person, not figuring out the list.

Out of the gate, I like Abdur Rahim or Richey.

I love Rick Pitino, obviously and my dream is Jarrett Jack, even if that's a bad idea.

Rick Pitino is 70 years old. 🤷🏼‍♂️

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Hasn't done it longer than some other, arguably better alternatives. One-year success, flash-in-the-pan danger is heavy with him. Also has 'buy low on rising star' potential.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Unless Rick Pitino is willing to have a reduced salary, I don' t see it happening. He'd just use as leverage against Georgetown and St. John's.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm not saying it's realistic that we're hiring Pitino. I'm saying you 100% hire him, if you can. He's mong the greatest college coaches of all time and still highly highly capable of winning games.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
70 years YOUNG!

Well, he did list Abdur Rahim or Richey.

I am wondering if we have someone lined up. Even if we do, it seems to take 11 months to announce
Belief is we have either the guy or a very short list of willing candidates. If we didn't, belief was that Pastner was staying.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
4 years head coaching, with one year above .500. May turn out to be a great coach, but way too unproven.