Georgia Tech @ Duke (-17.5)

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
With regards to Duke vs GT in recent past, I truly believe Cutcliffe focused on GT to the detriment of his team. He is 4-7 ins games following GT. So he has a 36% win percentage following GT games with a Duke career record of 48%.

I think going forward, we are just going to be another team running generic NCAA offense to our opponents, and I expect our performance against certain teams to not fluctuate as much.

LibertyTurns

Banned
With regards to Duke vs GT in recent past, I truly believe Cutcliffe focused on GT to the detriment of his team. He is 4-7 ins games following GT. So he has a 36% win percentage following GT games with a Duke career record of 48%.

I think going forward, we are just going to be another team running generic NCAA offense to our opponents, and I expect our performance against certain teams to not fluctuate as much.
GT will remain important to Coach Cu*t. We recruit the same pool of players.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Why do so many people use the results of the Duke game as a referendum on the entire Paul Johnson experience instead of someone like VT? Scratch that, I know it’s because we were 4-1 vs VT over the past 5 years and that just goes against the narrative. Whatever.
Side note, it’s funny watching so many people be dismissive of Duke ever being good (because they’re Duke) yet also complain about the “the U is back!” type hype other previously traditional powers get.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
If we can put together an entire game offensively like we did the 2nd half vs NC we can cover and might just win.
I had to go back and find the game stats and scoring to make sure we were talking about the same game. I admit I had lost interest in the second half, and really the best part about the half was that finally a QB stepped up. Now let's see how long he plays before being benched for "somebody different".

Animal02

Banned
I had to go back and find the game stats and scoring to make sure we were talking about the same game. I admit I had lost interest in the second half, and really the best part about the half was that finally a QB stepped up. Now let's see how long he plays before being benched for "somebody different".
Have to wonder how much UNC mentally took their foot off the gas in the 2nd half as well.

Deleted member 2897

yeah i heard we would beat Temple too because they had a bad game before us as well. I dont see the Pitt game having much if any bearing on the result

In the last 12 years, we’ve only lost 2 games when we had a bye week and our opponent didn’t. The 1 point double bobble hurricane monsoon loss at Miami, and at Temple a couple weeks ago.

I would love to beat Duke and knock that old arrogant a-hole Cutcliffe right in the mouth.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Why do so many people use the results of the Duke game as a referendum on the entire Paul Johnson experience instead of someone like VT? Scratch that, I know it’s because we were 4-1 vs VT over the past 5 years and that just goes against the narrative. Whatever.
Side note, it’s funny watching so many people be dismissive of Duke ever being good (because they’re Duke) yet also complain about the “the U is back!” type hype other previously traditional powers get.
But do You think VT has been better then Duke the last couple of years? Duke blew VT out last year just like we did. VT has won 3 of the last 5 over Duke but as of right now Duke is the better team and program imo. Wins over VT are sweet but when they were rolling 2010-11-12-13 those were some tough losses to them to swallow. If Paul was able to win 2011 or 2013 I think he has another ACC title or at-least another appearance.

I don't know if this has been posted already or not, but according to the AJC, Oliver has been moved to wide receiver. Since he did catch a pass against UNC, I hope he will get to play some at that position against Duke.

gthxxxx

Jolly Good Fellow
But do You think VT has been better then Duke the last couple of years? Duke blew VT out last year just like we did. VT has won 3 of the last 5 over Duke but as of right now Duke is the better team and program imo. Wins over VT are sweet but when they were rolling 2010-11-12-13 those were some tough losses to them to swallow. If Paul was able to win 2011 or 2013 I think he has another ACC title or at-least another appearance.
Skimming the year-by-year conference ranking via [1], I would say GT=VT>Duke.
[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Atlantic_Coast_Conference_football_standings