Georgia Tech @ Duke (-17.5)

Jmonty71

Banned
Sounds about right. I was going 44-14. My expectations for the team is pretty much at an all time low. I don't think we could beat a local high school, right now.

UpperNorth

Jolly Good Fellow
First thought at the sight of that spread was ‘man things have changed’

If I’m looking at it reasonably, our talent levels are somewhat similar and they have a great coach and an established program. We’ve gotta get better.

Better days ahead.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
I hate to say it, but that's more reasonable than the lines on the last few games. Vegas has stared watching our games I guess.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
A copy of this needs to be stapled to every player’s practice jersey. Don’t get on that bus if you’re going to let Dook beat you by 17 pts. This is an insane line for this game.
My god. We agree on something. it is nuts,but maybe the odds guys know our track record against them of late.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Coach Cut saw what the Citadel did to us. He's going to run the option on us until we can stop it.

Is Brian VanGorder available?

I'm joking.
About the third sentence.
I'm serious about the first two.
I am surprised to read that Duke is an option team? I don't think so. He is the guy adamantly opposed to it, wants to see his QB's get vertical. Like Jones.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
They have installed a play that is a copy of PJ flexbone with A and B back formation. I didn't notice it against Pitt but saw it the game before. Not sure if they used cut blocking or zone but they sure ran it. That tells me that Cut has some respect for what PJ ran. Also Duke has played Army so they have studied it. I will not be surprised if they run it again st us some after the Citadel.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Duke beat us by 14 points last year and that was with a late 4th quarter score and beat us 43-20 the year before.

And that was with a functioning offense too (although they did have a top 5 NFL pick at QB). This looks to me like Vegas trying to find a spread we can beat. They’ll keep making it bigger until we finally get an against-the-spread win.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Cut got all the rules changed and continued to cry every year and now y’all support him running the Triple?

Cut despised PJ's offense more than anyone here, that's for sure. Lol. As for the line, yeah, it's high but we haven't really shown anything. I'm sure they would like to get some action on us.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
If we had the right players and the right coaches and the right offensive and defensive schemes and everyone got a great night’s sleep and ate their Wheaties and the ball bounced our way and the moon didn’t get in our eyes and we danced a little harder on the sideline and had more “juice” and were super-inspired on “Money Downs” and brought back the whistle and Coach Cut suffered a non-life threatening, but temporarily disabling injury or condition and if the Duke bus was hijacked by a sidewalk fan and driven to Nashville before anyone noticed, and, and, and...we could win this thing!

Deleted member 2897

In the second half against UNCheat we had 230 yards and 22 points. And left some other points on the table too.

We’re 0-5 against the spread this year. I think until we beat it, in terms of betting, I wouldn’t switch. But I would bet the bare minimum. Duke was absolutely terrible last week and were handed a bunch of red zone turnovers (including 1 at the 4) late, otherwise it would have been a full on beat down.

I would LOVE to beat them.

And that was with a functioning offense too (although they did have a top 5 NFL pick at QB). This looks to me like Vegas trying to find a spread we can beat. They’ll keep making it bigger until we finally get an against-the-spread win.
And if you remember, we were driving then fumbled on the 50. They scored, kicked to us a our returner, trying to make a play fumbled at our 5. Then on the next series our QB fumbled at our 20.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
And if you remember, we were driving then fumbled on the 50. They scored, kicked to us a our returner, trying to make a play fumbled at our 5. Then on the next series our QB fumbled at our 20.
I thought I remembered that. All the GT drama queens act like Duke has b-slapped us around for years. That game was a stalemate until we decided to turn the ball over three times in a row.