Georgia Tech @ Duke (-17.5)

stech81

Helluva Engineer
17.5 points that is funny , sad but funny, well not so funny but very very bad. How much lower can we go ? Guess Las Vegas doesn't think much of P'nut either. And it will be really very sad if we lose by less than 17 and some talk about how much we have improved.

jandrews

Jolly Good Fellow
Look at what duke did to temple last year. Current staff was having issues with them in the bowl game. Obliviously CGC wasn’t part of the game plan but duke still cruised.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Duke beat us by 14 points last year and that was with a late 4th quarter score and beat us 43-20 the year before.
I’m aware of the history but Vegas slapping a 17.5 dog on us against Dook is just down right disrespectful. At some point you just got to man up and stop getting B slapped by every suck *** Coastal team on our schedule. Team needs to make it happen this week. I’m sorry but we got too much talent on our roster to be a 17.5 pt dog to Dook. Yes, too much talent.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
I've missed the last 2 games because I had to more important things going on, but I dont this weekend and yet, I've felt much better since missing the last 2 games. I've also missed the last 2 falcons games.

I'll probably find a reason to be busy this weekend as well.

Deleted member 2897

I mean, we haven't covered a spread all year. Not once. If you've been betting for the opponent to cover the spread (as you should have been), you could have made a mint.

However, looks like our gig may be up. 17 points is an awful lot. This is the first week I would not recommend going big on for Duke to cover. Pitt was winning 26-3 with a few minutes left in the 3rd quarter until they started gifting Duke points. First, they muffed a punt on their own 4. Then the very next time Pitt got the ball, they fumbled on their first play from scrimmage. Then the next series Pitt threw an interception on their own 25. Then they had consecutive 3 and outs, LOL. They tried to hand Duke the game and Duke refused to take it.

This spread isn't as sure of a bet as the others have been.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
According to Vegas Insider it opened at 16 and moved to 18.5. 95% of the bets went to Duke after the open. Not much confidence in us out in the betting world. I guess missing the spread every game so far will do that.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Under CPJ, I would say whether we win or lose depends upon which Tech showed up - good Tech or bad Tech. This year, with little hope of winning, I say whether we beat the spread or not depends upon which Tech shows up - bad Tech or worse Tech.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
It’s not really disrespect. We’ve kind of earned it with what we’ve shown. They’ll probably kill us with the option. Beat VT by much worse than 17

Deleted member 2897

Coach Cut saw what the Citadel did to us. He's going to run the option on us until we can stop it.

Is Brian VanGorder available?

I'm joking.
About the third sentence.
I'm serious about the first two.

But for real, their QB played like *** against Pitt. They would definitely be better off with a heavy run game against us.

RespectAPA

Georgia Tech Fan
Observing that Duke could run flexbone concepts successfully against this squad does not "support" make.

That said, they haven't really used it as a focus, only as a running supplement. Which also means they don't practice it as much as Citadel does. I'm sure we'll see it for a few sets of downs, particularly in running-sensitive areas, but I'd be surprised to see it much more than what they've already used it. When you're 18 point favorites, you don't get cute, you stick with what works and what you've practiced most.