Georgia Tech Bowl Projections

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Not sure AD Todd would do that, however it may make it easier for AD Todd to transistion away from CPJ flexbone and not hire a CPJ Coach from his coaching tree. As the ACCN comes out and Bowl Attend/CFB Attend goes down... TV ratings matter more and more.

That is why really why GT is getting passed over, it is hard for A Bowl Rep to say hey we want those guys when know one wants to play us, let alone watch the game on TV....Ratings matter these days...

Not BS anymore... GT was passed over by every ACC bowl and had to take the conditional Tie-in.... Why??? Georgia Tech Brand is not good TV ratings..... Hate it.. Coach Johnson deserves better!!
Based on the last data I saw, you're operating off an incorrect presupposition. Tech has better TV ratings than many ACC schools.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
It’s a horrible place to get to if you’re not in atlanta, and we already have family plans 12/21-12/24. And, our kids are still in school 12/21.

This is the kicker. Birmingham Bowl only works if you don’t already have family plans on the weekend closest to Christmas. I would totally go but we’ll be at the in-laws that day.

Last edited:

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Could be Todd said no to Quicklane so we could be closer to home for a CPJ sendoff. I am good with that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Could TStan just say no?;)[/QUOTE]
If TStan did not try and do better than a so called bowl before Christmas I'm thinking he is doing a poor job , can't wait to see how bad his pick is for a coach.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Could TStan just say no?;)
If TStan did not try and do better than a so called bowl before Christmas I'm thinking he is doing a poor job , can't wait to see how bad his pick is for a coach.[/QUOTE]
You do know he could say and make as many promises as he wanted (none of which we know) and is still not get picked for a tier 1 bowl? T Stan has already done so much for the program, what’s your issue with him? We aren’t a powerhouse.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
If TStan did not try and do better than a so called bowl before Christmas I'm thinking he is doing a poor job , can't wait to see how bad his pick is for a coach.
You do know he could say and make as many promises as he wanted (none of which we know) and is still not get picked for a tier 1 bowl? T Stan has already done so much for the program, what’s your issue with him? We aren’t a powerhouse.[/QUOTE]
I'll make my decision of him based on who he hires for head football coach

stech81

Helluva Engineer
You do know he could say and make as many promises as he wanted (none of which we know) and is still not get picked for a tier 1 bowl? T Stan has already done so much for the program, what’s your issue with him? We aren’t a powerhouse.[/QUOTE]
I don't know ,wish I did but don't, I guess I'm not being fair to him. I guess it had to do with CPJ retiring and acting like it was a surprise. Most of us could till something was not the same with CPJ this year. I just hope he really did know and had a top 5 list of coaches before it happen, I guess we will see.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
You do know he could say and make as many promises as he wanted (none of which we know) and is still not get picked for a tier 1 bowl? T Stan has already done so much for the program, what’s your issue with him? We aren’t a powerhouse.
I don't know ,wish I did but don't, I guess I'm not being fair to him. I guess it had to do with CPJ retiring and acting like it was a surprise. Most of us could till something was not the same with CPJ this year. I just hope he really did know and had a top 5 list of coaches before it happen, I guess we will see.[/QUOTE]
I think T Stan just plays everything close to the vest.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
@WatchStadium
. Looks like Syracuse now to Camping World, Miami to Pinstripe, NC State to Gator, Pitt to Sun, Virginia to Belk
Someone at UVA has to have compromising information on someone at Belk, correct? I don't understand how UVA gets chosen over GT otherwise. GT has greater attendance and better TV ratings.