GEORGIA TECH BASKETBALL HOSTS VIRGINIA TECH 2/17/2018

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
If he wants the money ,it would be in europe,china,turkey etc. not the NBA. would hate to see him follow Crittenton footsteps.

That might be the stupidest thing I have read on this forum.

No but Pastner taking some time away from the program to get his issues cleared up might not be a bad idea

And we have a new challenger.

bos

Helluva Engineer
Hard to be competitive in basketball without a point guard. Even harder when the team is giving no effort. Your best player Lammers, has been non existent, and Okogie just couldn't hit anything. What bothers is is the effort. With under 10 mins left and down over 30 points, maybe we should give some younger guys a shot? Why is Alston, Gueye, Lammers, Jackson on the floor? I don't get it.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
So what do you propose we do? Fire somebody?

imgres

GT_EE78

Banned
If he wants the money ,it would be in europe,china,turkey etc. not the NBA. would hate to see him follow Crittenton footsteps.
If my understanding is correct , one can only go to the workouts (without an agent) one time. I think JO would be wise to save that option for next year when he has a shot for being a borderline first rounder. He's younger in age than most sophmores.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Comes down to being able to shot worth a damn...

Missed 21 3pt attempts. 20 in a row after TJ made his first three attempts.
f15090fd409c6eaf8e01d69d916dfa6d.jpg

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Another embarrassing loss...this time at home. I think VT played very well, and had a good game plan--stop JO and don't worry about anybody else. GT played as poorly on defense as I have seen. Lammers is a shell of himself and the effort wasn't there tonight from many guys. When the commentators can clearly point out guys playing lazy on defense...you know its bad.

JO had his worst game in along time--0 for 8 from three? Maybe trying to run point is tiring him out? VT did throw everything at him, but he looked like he was playing tired.
Tadric kept us in it for the first 10 minutes...but everybody knew he couldn't keep it up.
Where did the good AD go? Can we have him back?
Evan and Moses...not bad, but lots of defensive lapses.
Kudos to Ogbonda for making the most of his minutes. I think there is a quality big man in there trying to get out. I say let him play 20 minutes a game.

It looks like the team is thinking very much like I am--can we just go ahead and get this season over with?

I'll keep watching though, and cheering them on...all the way to the bitter end. Go Jackets!

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Only really good thing going forward is the experience for the young guys who will be leaned upon next year. On offense we have no point guard and nobody really even with point guard skills. Defensively we have mismatches galore. Ad/Cole trying to guard the 3. Any of our guards trying to guard quick smaller guys. Zone would be ideal but we have too many pieces who aren't used to it making too many mistakes. However the experience will pay dividends in the future. But it sure does suck to watch now.