GEORGIA TECH BASKETBALL HOSTS VIRGINIA TECH 2/17/2018

Deleted member 2897

With a few minutes left before half time, VT is 7-8 from 2PT. Pretty hard to beat someone that never misses.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
This week or 2 is the first I've ever seen Pastner GT teams give up. There is just zero effort on the defensive end. Hands down, jogging, stagnant feet, no close outs.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
This week or 2 is the first I've ever seen Pastner GT teams give up. There is just zero effort on the defensive end. Hands down, jogging, stagnant feet, no close outs.

Okogie isn't even trying on defense and it's amazing to see how bad Lammers has become

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I really hope he doesn't transfer. I think JO, JA, and if Devoe becomes Part 3 and a PF is Part 4 the following year, that could be a tournament team if they stay healthy.

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't think we can truly appreciate the effects that Pastner's problems are having with the team. They know the season is over, they lost a popular assistant for some still unknown reason, we have the NCAA investigating the program and they have been hit hard by injuries. Thats alot of distractions for a team that was talent challenged to begin with.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Needless to say, I'm nervous to see who sticks around after the season ends. Pastner has struggled in the past with roster continuity and given the drama this year, it's vital that Alvarado/Okogie/Haywood/AD are back next season.

joehamiltonfan14

Jolly Good Fellow
Okogie is the only one to worry about IMO. And that is just really wants to get out...the smart play for him is to stay and have his stock rise next year.

Alvarado/Haywood/Gueye are aren’t going anywhere IMO

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
Okogie is the only one to worry about IMO. And that is just really wants to get out...the smart play for him is to stay and have his stock rise next year.

Alvarado/Haywood/Gueye are aren’t going anywhere IMO
The smart play would be to return and work on the weaknesses, however, I wouldn't blame him at all for going to the league and at least get paid to play. We are going to be just as bad next year.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
No it doesn't. Not in the slightest. Grad transfers are not and never will be the solution. You think the post version of an Alston is what the team needs?

I said "starter". Alston has no business getting more than 5 minutes a game in the ACC. I know we hated Gregory for relying on them, but this team desperately needs one for next year due to Pastner's incredibly underwhelming big man recruiting so far.

GT_EE78

Banned
No it doesn't. Not in the slightest. Grad transfers are not and never will be the solution. You think the post version of an Alston is what the team needs?
I'm more concerned that we can become pittsburg next year if we don't get a big that can play immediately.. Potential is always a year away

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I'm more concerned that we can become pittsburg next year if we don't get a big that can play immediately.. Potential is always a year away

We aren't getting a grad transfer big that is an ACC level player.

Ad, Wright, and Cole will be fine. Not the strength of the team, but no a big Alston isn't going to make us any better, and a quality transfer isn't going to come here.