Georgia Tech (-4) @ Pittsburg

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
You do understand that Appalachian state scored 38 on Penn State 2 weeks ago. I would like to think we are on the level or higher than App state on offense. Now if we were to say we may have a hard time keeping Penn State under 30 I could understand.

Eh, again. App state believes they can win any game. We go in saying hope we can win! I will say app states athletes aren't far off from ours. Plus they are able to run and throw. Just saying idk if we put over 21 on many top 10 teams. And I doubt we stop a top 10 team from scoring 30. We would need some turnovers and a ball or two bouncing our way. I love my jackets, but we just aren't there yet. I hate it, but the more I expect us to win 10 games the more I get let down. This is a 6-8 win team year in and out with the occasional outlier of 9-10 games with a better recruiting class or when 0 injuries happen and there are players who have been in the system. Also, it does mean something when Clemson plays you every year and you switch up the same 6 plays. I've watched some film on Clemson and we go conservative thinking we have a chance. Where we need to go 200 mph and take risks. When we try and manage a game/ lead with this offense we struggle with turnovers. Either run a version of what we did with Oliver, when we have the lead or just play the whole game like you're down 17 with 6 minutes left.

Animal02

Banned
Eh, again. App state believes they can win any game. We go in saying hope we can win! I will say app states athletes aren't far off from ours. Plus they are able to run and throw. Just saying idk if we put over 21 on many top 10 teams. And I doubt we stop a top 10 team from scoring 30. We would need some turnovers and a ball or two bouncing our way. I love my jackets, but we just aren't there yet. I hate it, but the more I expect us to win 10 games the more I get let down. This is a 6-8 win team year in and out with the occasional outlier of 9-10 games with a better recruiting class or when 0 injuries happen and there are players who have been in the system. Also, it does mean something when Clemson plays you every year and you switch up the same 6 plays. I've watched some film on Clemson and we go conservative thinking we have a chance. Where we need to go 200 mph and take risks. When we try and manage a game/ lead with this offense we struggle with turnovers. Either run a version of what we did with Oliver, when we have the lead or just play the whole game like you're down 17 with 6 minutes left.
You speaking as a "fan" or team member with the "hope we can win" nonsense?

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I have to disagree if you think our players go into a game and don't believe they can win. Did the defense have a bad game, yes. But this was only their 2 game with a new coach and new system.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I have to disagree if you think our players go into a game and don't believe they can win. Did the defense have a bad game, yes. But this was only their 2 game with a new coach and new system.

I just feel their is a difference of we can win, and we will win at all costs.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Happy? Seriously? Yeah, I bet CPJ has a big smile on his face thinking about our recent 4th quarter woes on the road.

Right... cant be happy until the game is OVER. Look at usf, took the lead had a chance and we crapped our pants on national TV. Same as Tennessee, same as a lot of games. We aren't trying to win games by 100, we are simply trying to run the clock out and hope to win. We need to flex on these teams and show them we can score 60 at will. CPJ goes conservative with a 3 point lead in the 4th, and then calls out and streak routes when down 10 with 6 minutes left in the 4th. Makes 0 sense to me.

I've seen it for years. Year in and out. Why do we think we beat Miss. State so badly in the bowl? We didnt take our foot off the gas once, we wanted to win by 40.

Do I think I can coach better? No. Do I think I can adjust the timing better? Without a doubt.

Animal02

Banned
Right... cant be happy until the game is OVER. Look at usf, took the lead had a chance and we crapped our pants on national TV. Same as Tennessee, same as a lot of games. We aren't trying to win games by 100, we are simply trying to run the clock out and hope to win. We need to flex on these teams and show them we can score 60 at will. CPJ goes conservative with a 3 point lead in the 4th, and then calls out and streak routes when down 10 with 6 minutes left in the 4th. Makes 0 sense to me.

I've seen it for years. Year in and out. Why do we think we beat Miss. State so badly in the bowl? We didnt take our foot off the gas once, we wanted to win by 40.

Do I think I can coach better? No. Do I think I can adjust the timing better? Without a doubt.
Arm chair coaching at it's finest.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Arm chair coaching at it's finest.

I mean is an armchair coach bad when the real one isnt getting it done? WE HAVE ONLY WON 2.5 ROADS GAMES SINCE THE START OF THE 2015 SEASON..... half because it was in Ireland and no advantage to either team. That alone should scream we have PROBLEMS! 3 road games in 2 years? That number must be at least 8. But 3?! I'm just saying we cant progress unless we do well on the road. Idk what it is about being in another town that makes our team crap the bed. Hotels? Food? Uncomfortable? But that's a terrible stat.

Still not as bad as Kansas away record hahaha but this is Georgia Tech. We at minimum should win 4 road games a year and only possibly losing the uga,Clemson, VT, miami games away.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I just feel their is a difference of we can win, and we will win at all costs.
I'm not a psychiatrist so my advice is free ( unless it works )
1) get good an drunk
2) go roll a uga fans yard
3) keep drinking so you don't get sober
4) demand your wife cooks you a good meal
5) Don't go to work
6) stay drunk till game time

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I'm not a psychiatrist so my advice is free ( unless it works )
1) get good an drunk
2) go roll a uga fans yard
3) keep drinking so you don't get sober
4) demand your wife cooks you a good meal
5) Don't go to work
6) stay drunk till game time

Haha I have a jim and coke before every kickoff so hopefully it calms my nerves. Nope, I end up thinking heck! Put me in coach! I'll play and run through a brick wall for you! Haha i played fullback tightend and linebacker in highschool, let me live out an Al Bundy fantasy and kick some tailend!

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Although GT has a good history Pitt debatably has an even better history. Like Gt, the majority of that was 60 years ago. Like GT, one of two P5 schools in a state with decent recruiting ground. Except ya know, it's twice as big as Georgia and isn't the main recruiting ground for two entire conferences.
Florida has twice the population of Georgia. Pennsylvania isn't even close and Georgia produces a lot more P5 recruits. But, you're on the money about the competition for those recruits.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
I mean is an armchair coach bad when the real one isnt getting it done? WE HAVE ONLY WON 2.5 ROADS GAMES SINCE THE START OF THE 2015 SEASON..... half because it was in Ireland and no advantage to either team. That alone should scream we have PROBLEMS! 3 road games in 2 years? That number must be at least 8. But 3?! I'm just saying we cant progress unless we do well on the road. Idk what it is about being in another town that makes our team crap the bed. Hotels? Food? Uncomfortable? But that's a terrible stat.

Still not as bad as Kansas away record hahaha but this is Georgia Tech. We at minimum should win 4 road games a year and only possibly losing the uga,Clemson, VT, miami games away.
We've won uga, VT away. Clemson atmosphere big home advantage there but not Miami. Miami crowd atmosphere doesn't seem to be like uga VT or Clemson.