Georgia Tech (-4) @ Pittsburg

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
This is definitely a must win game to make a bowl this year. USF, Clemson, Miami,VT, UGA I say are all losses and I say we lose 1/4 at best between Louisville, Duke, Unc, and Virginia. That puts us at 6-6 so we gotta beat Pitt or go 4/4.

This is logically thinking.

My heart says we run the table and beat Clemson in the ACCCG and make the CFBPlayoffs

Techster

Helluva Engineer
From a recruiting standpoint (from 247), this is how GT and Pitt matchup:

GT PITT
2014 54 44
2015 44 46
2016 60 30
2017 48 37
2018 54 46
AVG 52 40.6

Similar to the game against USF, GT and Pitt have recruited relatively similar the last 5 recruiting cycles. This time, Pitt has recruited a band better than GT. GT can NOT afford to lose 2 out of the 3 phases of football and expect to win. Especially on the road. You can say Pitt isn't that good because they got DRILLED by Penn State, but Penn State is recruiting in the top 15-20, with a top 10 class. That's a tier away from recruiting at elite levels (top 10). What I'll say is GT isn't good enough to think we can make mistakes and still win the game.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Interesting. How has Pitt recruited that well? This year wasn’t the greatest but they get some pretty nice recruits every year. The only reason 2015 is rated that low is they only took 15 guys.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I hope the defense can hold them under 24, if they can we will win, but I still expect a close game. I really hope we pull out a win this year.

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
Interesting. How has Pitt recruited that well? This year wasn’t the greatest but they get some pretty nice recruits every year. The only reason 2015 is rated that low is they only took 15 guys.
Although GT has a good history Pitt debatably has an even better history. Like Gt, the majority of that was 60 years ago. Like GT, one of two P5 schools in a state with decent recruiting ground. Except ya know, it's twice as big as Georgia and isn't the main recruiting ground for two entire conferences.

slugboy

Staff member
Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Ohio traditionally have a lot of blue collar/coal mining/steel mill families that sent a bunch of kids on football scholarships and to the pros. It's not the same as it used to be, but there's still a culture of football in West Pennsylvania and the Ohio valley. A lot of those kids go to other places now. Like Georgia Tech, they are in the middle of a recruiting hotbed, but they don't recruit as well as their area. They're also the little brother to Penn State in the state.

This is apples to oranges (Penn State is a top 25 team if not a top 10 team, and that'll bias the numbers), but we're out-passing Pitt on the year so far: http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=401013112. They're also still allowing more yards per game than we are.

S&P+ Stat Profiles aren't out yet, but should be soon.

I'm not sure who their best players are. I know who their stat leaders are.

Jmonty71

Banned
Game my be canceled or in heavy rain. If in heavy rain, I do not like our chances. We seem to do really bad in rainy weather. I'll save my prediction based on the storm.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Game my be canceled or in heavy rain. If in heavy rain, I do not like our chances. We seem to do really bad in rainy weather. I'll save my prediction based on the storm.

Heavy ran will hurt them too. Pitt has no passing game and a finesse based blocking scheme for its run game.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Not sure I believe any oddsmakers at this point.

Coach Nate Woody has huge problems with this defense. Can he correct them?

I don’t know. Not convinced yet. Have to wait and see.

The Pitt game is huge.