Georgia State Post Game thread

Spalding Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
They say you improve the most between your first and second game, but seems like we regressed. Hate saying that when we beat the spread, but D gave up too many yards between the 20s. State left 6 point on board with TD drop and 2 pt drop. Then we need trick reverse play and broken coverage by state to create separation. Just tempered my season’s expectations. Now maybe we kept it vanilla to save plays for rest of season, so time will tell there. Just hoping this game was the fluke and not FSU when we play cuse next week.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
That was one of the most lopsided referring I have ever witnessed!!! Those refs should be fired! It wasn't even that they were bad refs, it was clearly all targeted against Tech.

There was all the blatant unbalanced holding penalties. But the one play that sealed the fix from the refs was where Haynes had a blatant facemask followed by a clear as day targeting penalty and nothing was thrown!

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
Hope Franklin is OK. Game was a little chippy.

I think the approach against teams like this is not to beat yourself, avoid mistakes. The idea is to safely get a win. The down side for fans is that we never see the team just cut loose.

With Key, he is gong for the most direct route to victory, style points be damned.

Took care of business. Good win.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
They came in fresh and eager to play. We looked a little tired. Took some time to get the ball rolling. But we're a really tough team. The holding calls were ridiculous, especially since GSU got away with some really egregious stuff. Crappy SEC officiating crew.

We're 2-0 for the first time since 2016. Feels gooood. Let's get ready for 'cuse!

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
They say you improve the most between your first and second game, but seems like we regressed. Hate saying that when we beat the spread, but D gave up too many yards between the 20s. State left 6 point on board with TD drop and 2 pt drop. Then we need trick reverse play and broken coverage by state to create separation. Just tempered my season’s expectations. Now maybe we kept it vanilla to save plays for rest of season, so time will tell there. Just hoping this game was the fluke and not FSU when we play cuse next week.
Don’t think we played it vanilla. Just one of those games. I think this is realistically a 4/10 game by this team and we still won by 23 against a bowl-worthy team that in previous years took teams like Tennessee and Auburn to the wire. I’m not too worried.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Jackets are 2-0. Played really well and beat a top 10 team in the country. Played okay and covered a double digit spread.

You know the program is moving in the right direction when folks don’t feel satisfied with a 23 point win over an FBS opponent. Back to conference play next week, and hopefully back to cleaner games.

All time MARTA Bowl record: GT 1 GSU 0

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
Look, we were clearly the superior team, but I want to say this in the most respectful manner I can. Both lines played like complete crap and should be embarrassed by how poorly they played. The game should have been over at half time, but neither line bothered to show up today. If they play this poorly the rest of the way, we will not win four more games. Thankfully, we played a far inferior team. Otherwise, we would have lost this game.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Thought we were sloppy, with lots of holding calls that disrupted our offensive flow. But still got 500 yards and 35 points, so I guess it’s ok.

sort of the same on D. Great goal line stands, but they moved up and down the field too often mainly because we missed too many open field tackles.

still, a good team can play sloppy and win comfortably. We did.
I’m not sure we were THAT sloppy.
Go look at the holding calls. At least two (AT LEAST TWO) were totally phantom.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
We covered the spread and the refs had me audibly shouting at the television so that’s good.

To my untrained eye we didn’t seem to bring the same kind of intensity and fierceness from the lines that’s I saw last week. Our d-line looked like it was getting pushed around a lot more which allowed for St to have a lot of success on the ground. Out O-line (maybe this was scheme related) appeared to not be able to generate the same kind of push and lanes that we were able to run through last week.

Gonna be a tough week of practice and a really tough road game next week.

forensicbuzz

21st Century Throwback Dad
I suspect Alexander broke a collar bone....probably out fir a while. Did we ever learn about Cooley?

Hope it’s just a “stinger” we hear about so often now
My first comment was broken collar bone, but then I was saying hopefully a stinger. Collar bone break is extremely painful. I think he'd be down longer. Hopefully stinger.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Ugly game. Can’t imagine Key and staff will be happy with much. We scored on a short field on a weird fumble, and a busted coverage. They decided to do the dumbest things possible in the red zone. This game could’ve been a 1 score game easily. We need D linemen asap and line backers that can run laterally. OL played their worst game in a while too. Nice to win and play poorly though. We’d lose this game in years past. Going to be a fight next week. Go jackets!

yoshiki2

Jolly Good Fellow
Look, we were clearly the superior team, but I want to say this in the most respectful manner I can. Both lines played like complete crap and should be embarrassed by how poorly they played. The game should have been over at half time, but neither line bothered to show up today. If they play this poorly the rest of the way, we will not win four more games. Thankfully, we played a far inferior team. Otherwise, we would have lost this game.
The guys are probably tired from the flight and the jet lag. You need to take those things into consideration. Seminoles will have 2 extra days to recover.

Last edited: