Georgia Postgame

DaltonJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
The fact that the yellow jacket cheer has to be coordinated by the PA announcer in the first place is pathetic and embarrassing. It should happen spontaneously about a dozen times per game like the chants of other schools with real fan bases... like the visitors that come to our stadiums and take over the places with their chants without having to be prompted or instructed by a cheesy PA announcer.
I’m not so sure we have that many real fans left.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
Actually, the losers are the anonymous randos who run down people on staff constantly for no benefit. If you're really interested in GT being successful, and think you have the right moves to make, then send your thoughts to ADTS. After all, it is the decision he has made, with probably big money people in his ear, as to why GT football is where it is today.
That’s an indictment of Stansbury, not me. He’s the one with the half empty stadium every week home to a team that lost two games by 45 points and lost another to a 1-AA team to put a cherry on this **** sundae of a season.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
It’s a tangent, but the first time we hosted FSU in an ACC game, one of the GT fraternities hosted an FSU sorority and their guests with date/student tickets. There was a huge garnet square in that student section, in a game most students couldn’t get into.

It’s bad, but it’s not new behavior.

That frat got all sorts of grief about it, the ticket usage got brought up in student government, and I’m not sure whether they got ticket penalties after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have you seen the FSU sororities? I don't like that they did that, but I damn sure understand why they did it. lol

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
I hate our OC and have been vocal about it since game 1 but please take into account we have the youngest team in D1. Tech is not like the big boys. If you look at the great tech teams they are all 4th and 5th year players. You will not win at tech playing freshmen and sophmores all over the field. We never have
And why do we have such a young team?

Eli

Helluva Engineer
That’s an indictment of Stansbury, not me. He’s the one with the half empty stadium every week home to a team that lost two games by 45 points and lost another to a 1-AA team to put a cherry on this **** sundae of a season.

We've had a half empty stadium since we expanded to 55k seats. You act like we lost all these fans overnight

We've had a half empty stadium since we expanded to 55k seats. You act like we lost all these fans overnight
Actually, we've only had the half-empty stadium since DRad initiated the "ticket fee". Granted, every school in the country has those fees, but DRad just sprung it on us overnight, so to speak, without any concern for the fans. Prior to that, the stadium was more like 3/4 full for the big games, and a lot less red for the Georgia game.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
I accept that attendance has deteriorated over time. I didn’t intend to say that it’s exclusively on Stansbury. But he has the power to make the game day experience less sh—ty, and to say he has failed is an understatement. It’s expensive, and it’s a pain in the ***. As an example, I brought my son today. He’s three. Kid wanted a pretzel. I went to get him one with 4:30 left in the second quarter. We waited forty minutes in line, and when we finally got there, they were out. They made us throw a cereal bar out before they’d let us in. If they actually wanted to make it harder for families to come (and in turn create their next generation of customers) I'd like to know what they’d do differently. He has the ability to fix crap like that. I genuinely don’t know what he does all day.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Actually, we've only had the half-empty stadium since DRad initiated the "ticket fee". Granted, every school in the country has those fees, but DRad just sprung it on us overnight, so to speak, without any concern for the fans. Prior to that, the stadium was more like 3/4 full for the big games, and a lot less red for the Georgia game.

Nah I remember us playing top 15th ranked nc state when they had Phillip rivers under gailey. The entire upper deck was empty

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
The answer to this is that it’s stupid to go through this unless the reward is better. It’s not unreasonable to be skeptical that it will be.

It’s not unreasonable to be skeptical. Most have no problem with being skeptical. I’m very skeptical of our O coordinator, but also am rational enough to know it’s impossible to tell what his potential is with what he had to work with.

I can’t speak for everyone, but what frustrates me with the “skeptics” is that everything points to the offense for them and it seems it doesn’t matter if we have to use cheerleaders to block on our oline, the coaches suck because we didn’t transition to another option coach. Any non-option homer can see this was not going to be a good year prior to the season starting (see preseason over-under). Once Olineman started dropping it was only going to get worse.

The other thing that is annoying is that the same people that say we meed to run more and go under center complain about play calling when we do said things.

Honestly, they won’t be happy unless we fire this coach and hire another option coach. Which proves the point that they are more fans of Paul than GT.

Sebastian GT

Jolly Good Fellow

Truth!!!!