Georgia Postgame

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Thank you!! I couldn’t agree more !! That’s the problem around here ! We get embarrassed & some of the people in here don’t even care , and reason I think is most people on here don’t know what shape a football is & don’t know anything about tech tradition & history . They’re on here to pass the time . But when I get mad & frustrated with us losing to these nad lickers in football & god forbid basketball I’m labeled a bad fan , to me a good fan shows passion & a bad one is ok or accepting of the crap show today
Yes, mid 20 year old, tell us all about Tech football tradition and history. Most of the people on this board were going to games while you were still ****ting on yourself.
Getting emotional doesn’t make you a better fan. Everyone else wants to beat Georgia too, we just see how high the mountain is to climb.

TVan

Georgia Tech Fan
The only thing i will say is watching the qb play and run game. Our QB hardly ever carried out a fake, when he did the results were better. Allowing that to go on is on the coaching. If you allow that to happen, what else are you allowing to happen? It is obvious GT is over matched, but they aren't receiving elite coaching. Control what u can control.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
The current staff isn't why we have an OL that can't block worth a damn, WRs that can't get open or make catches, subpar TE play, and have to rely on a freshman to play QB who is, unsurprisingly, is inconsistent at best.

People wanted to stick their head in the sands in the offseason when this was told to them, and now want to blame the OC instead of accepting that truth. This team lacked the talent needed, and will only improve as we get Johnson's players out of the program and new recruits in, no matter who the OC is.
Nah son. Don't blame the old coach, blame the funding, ourselves, and the AA. Be thankful the old coach was able to get what he could with such little resources.

It doesn't matter how great a recruiter we have now, we need more funding to compete. Some coaches are more equipped to do more with less, but even that is a bandaid. To be playoff level good, we need funding. Then we can talk about replacing current coaches. Fix the glaring issues first, then fix the other problems.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Collins does have a lot to “clean up” and learn. Give him a break though. Who else would have done a decent short term and long term job? Whisenhunt? Come on. No matter who our coach was this year we weren’t going to be any good thanks to the recruiting of the previous coach. Collins grew up a GT fan from the Atlanta area who isn’t using GT as a steppingstone. I appreciate that. And his vision for building the program is exactly what needs to be done. I don’t care if we lose by 1 or 40. Collins is bringing in talented players and he’s been here less than a year. By 2021 we’ll have a roster of bigger, stronger players with multiple actual QB’s.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
You can call it trolls if you want. Personally I’m a little disheartened at the fan reaction. This was one of the most embarrassing losses in the history of this series. How you guys don’t have a little more anger is beyond me. Hopefully the coaches and players have a different attitude.

I'd encourage folks to look up the definitions of "major" and "rebuild" and understand we're in year zero of one.

I hate the loss but acknowledge it's just building blocks we have to get through to get where we want to be.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
... No matter who our coach was this year we weren’t going to be any good thanks to the recruiting of the previous coach. ....

By 2021 we’ll have a roster of bigger, stronger players with multiple actual QB’s.
Your first point is your opinion and I disagree with it. It just sounds like a cop out. Now if you said injuries and attrition to both lines, I could agree more.

We shall see about your second point. Hope it's true.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
I'd encourage folks to look up the definitions of "major" and "rebuild" and understand we're in year zero of one.

I hate the loss but acknowledge it's just building blocks we have to get through to get where we want to be.
Exactly. Are there a few coaching calls to question sure. But as I've said this transition is almost 180 from year one of cpj and it was something to be seen very early on. Fans have every right to be upset but to completely not understand why we where we are have blinders on. Give Collins a full recruiting cycle to see if he can actually win games.

At some point collins is also going to have to put friendship aside with coach Pat and determine if hes really able to coach at this level

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk