Georgia - COFH Baseball

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
Not having Geisler is huge heading into ACC play. Ellis needs to go to the bench or the bottom of the lineup. He simply has had no production. Take away Burress and our home run production is not very good. Third base production is abysmal seeing that no one seems to want to step up and win that job in Geisler‘s absence. Defense has played well particularly our middle infield. Pitching has been much improved, but you would be ignorant if you weren’t concerned at this point with Hill, King and Busse. Not trying to be negative just realistic. I’m not sure Geisler is day to day. He got hit in the back with a pitch and has been out for a week. Time will tell But I have more questions than answers.

Just win today!
Definitely concerned about Busse for sure
Taking a wait and see approach with King.
I agree with poster above about Hill. Two very good appearances followed by a rough outing in miserable weather conditions so I’m curious to see how he performs against Youngstown State and NC State to get a better feel

Agree completely on Giesler. Hoping it truly is day to day as Yunger has come back to the lineup but the staff seems “cagey” about his return

Agree on moving Ellis to bottom of the order. Kid is just really struggling and pressing too much

Besides Ellis, do we have any other lefty bats that can start?

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Definitely concerned about Busse for sure
Taking a wait and see approach with King.
I agree with poster above about Hill. Two very good appearances followed by a rough outing in miserable weather conditions so I’m curious to see how he performs against Youngstown State and NC State to get a better feel

Agree completely on Giesler. Hoping it truly is day to day as Yunger has come back to the lineup but the staff seems “cagey” about his return

Agree on moving Ellis to bottom of the order. Kid is just really struggling and pressing too much

Besides Ellis, do we have any other lefty bats that can start?
Lovett can start, and I have heard the staff is high on Neises. The problem is Lovett is an outfielder and Nieses plays first. 2 positions that we are already set at.

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
They announced Neises to pinch hit yesterday against a righty and when UGA went to the bullpen they pulled Neises and hit Lackey against another righty. Can’t imagine what the thought process was there? Certainly not experience against the pitchers and I originally thought it was lefty righty matchup until they replaced the lefty Neises with the righty Lackey. Anybody have any idea why they did that?

THWG

Helluva Engineer
They announced Neises to pinch hit yesterday against a righty and when UGA went to the bullpen they pulled Neises and hit Lackey against another righty. Can’t imagine what the thought process was there? Certainly not experience against the pitchers and I originally thought it was lefty righty matchup until they replaced the lefty Neises with the righty Lackey. Anybody have any idea why they did that?
I was thinking maybe it was based on the breaking pitches of the two pitchers. So maybe the first guy has a good slider or curve which plays into a lefty but the other guy might have had a good change up which plays into a righty. This is a stretch on my end but reasoning that makes sense to me 🤷‍♂️.

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
I was curious why they subbed Lackey in for Neises as I was thinking uga was bringing in a lefty but they brought in a right handed.

Didn’t get that either

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I was thinking maybe it was based on the breaking pitches of the two pitchers. So maybe the first guy has a good slider or curve which plays into a lefty but the other guy might have had a good change up which plays into a righty. This is a stretch on my end but reasoning that makes sense to me 🤷‍♂️.
Wiley said something very similar to this... if not exactly the same idea. That whole sequence HAD to be a matchup thing... the chess the coaches are playing while we look at the checker board. :)

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Good breaking ball pitcher when Neises was announced which second pitcher does not have.