Georgia - COFH Baseball

Backstreetbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
This really needs to be Hall's last year. And I've been a huge supporter and advocate of him.
His last year should have been 10 years ago. In fairness, he had a very good first 15 years, but has been slipping for 16 years. I cannot believe Jbatt gave him a 2 year extension last year when he could have finally gotten rid of him with no buyout.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
His last year should have been 10 years ago. In fairness, he had a very good first 15 years, but has been slipping for 16 years. I cannot believe Jbatt gave him a 2 year extension last year when he could have finally gotten rid of him with no buyout.
I'm not surprised. He's been at GT 17 months.

His priorities are:

1. Revenue/Fundraising
1a. Football
2. Men's Basketball
3. There's a 3 way tie here: Baseball, Women's Basketball or Volleyball.
4. Golf, Softball, Swimming & Diving, Track & Field/Cross-Country, Tennis

Baseball just wasn't a priority given how poorly the top 2 revenue generating programs were doing. Batt may have asked Hall to stay on another couple years to give him time. GTAA was a basket case when he took over.

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
Alright

I’m usually a very optimistic and glass half full guy.

Had an outstanding time with my son at Cool Ray but this game being blown just flat sucked and the barking trailer trash who likely don’t know one freaking player aside from Condon on their team is typical.

Why do we always play so TIGHT against the G

Start with positives

Offense was much better with risp
Still left too many runners on base but good overall
Put up 9 thru 6 and you should win

Ellis hit a 💣. Good to see

Logan pitched great!
Riley did well overall

Negatives
Pen
What can you say
Up 9-3 heading to top 7
Shutdown inning there and its ball game
Nope- 5 runs given up

Don’t necessarily blame the coaches as they made the moves.

Just didn’t perform

At 9-8 I knew it was over but we stayed to listen to the blathering clowns bark

Just thankful no one tried to bark at me. Just don’t put up with that garbage

Overall today sucked. Not gonna sugarcoat

Likely need to win 4 of 5 vs northeaster and Youngstown state or five straight after today’s ridiculous ending

Not going to post anymore tonight

Still ticked….

Go Jackets

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
It’s early. Long season ahead. Hopefully our baseball club will finish strong at the end of the regular season, when tournament time arrives.

Keep the faith — and the support.
Most assuredly

Not going anywhere.

Will be there Tuesday night vs northeastern and all four games against Youngstown state

Just ticked tonight

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
My thoughts cut and paste (with a couple small edits) from the chat room:

Putting on my optimistic glasses, we appear to have a couple of good starting pitchers (Finateri & McGuire), with a couple others who I think are pretty good (Hill & Ballard). The offense appears to be pretty good, albeit probably a step back from the last couple seasons. We've got to find the reliable pieces out of the pen. I'm hopeful they are there, but they need to step up and show it. But no doubt this is a gut punch weekend.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
The decision to play in the rain Friday just started an awful weekend. I wonder who made that incredibly stupid decision.
I am just totally irritated about the entire weekend. If I were UGA, I would INSIST that the Friday night game be finished, and make any Wednesday night available. If we refused I would publicize that. If we don’t, I would come to our field and complete the arse kicking and then rub our noses in it. That’s how irritated I am, giving the DWAGS advice on how to humiliate us

GT33

Helluva Engineer
I am just totally irritated about the entire weekend. If I were UGA, I would INSIST that the Friday night game be finished, and make any Wednesday night available. If we refused I would publicize that. If we don’t, I would come to our field and complete the arse kicking and then rub our noses in it. That’s how irritated I am, giving the DWAGS advice on how to humiliate us
Just tell them our guys have to go class, what about your kids? It will f them all up

Home Park Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I do not want to ever play them again with DH as our coach. 🙊

Backstreetbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
Karma is a witch. I know it’s silly, but if I believed in Karma, our “activities” Friday night might have driven yesterday’s comeback. I could be totally off base, but I think GT may have been trying to gain some sort of competitive advantage by making UGA travel to Atlanta when there was no way the game should take place. Then, although I assume it was the umpires decision, playing 4 1/2 innings in cold steady rain, then stopping the game with the rain finally stopping, with UGA up 9-3, 3 outs from a complete game, does not seem quite right.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Screw doing what's right when it comes to UGA. When was the last time they ever did what was right when it came to us. If the roles were reversed and we had the lead on them before the game was suspended that they would ever try to finish the game you are living in a dream world. They would do exactly what I hope we do and forget that game ever existed. If you think otherwise then you don't know how UGA operates.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
My simple mind thinks UGA (after going 2-0 this weekend) has very little incentive to complete the suspended game. Ga Tech needs that W way more than UGA does now.

Completing the game will add 5 innings (minimum) & a 'travel' day for them during a week (later in year) when they are into their SEC schedule. Getting a 3rd win against Ga Tech helps them a nominal amount (big picture).

Likewise, Ga Tech's odds of winning it are very low (not zero... but low). They'd also have to add 5 innings to a week during ACC play. Not really worth it.

I just don't think either teams wants to finish it at this point.