Georgia - COFH Baseball

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Man, that one really sucked. Fantastic pitching but we could not get the big hit. I think some adjustments need to be made to the lineup. I'm thinking Brosius, Burress (to get him more RBI chances), Jones, Green, Bechetti, Giesler (when he gets back), Yunger, Ellis, and Zmarzlak

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
Man, that one really sucked. Fantastic pitching but we could not get the big hit. I think some adjustments need to be made to the lineup. I'm thinking Brosius, Burress (to get him more RBI chances), Jones, Green, Bechetti, Giesler (when he gets back), Yunger, Ellis, and Zmarzlak
0 for 12 risp

That won’t cut it

I like your lineup THWG
Only change is I’d move cam to Lf and put Carsten in at first till Giesler is back

Must have power presence

Let Bobby dh

Something is just really off with Ellis
He seems to be feeling pressure of only lefty in lineup and carrying that tech catcher u tradition

Fantastic pitching today from Aeden
Solid from Tate - don’t mind giving up a solo shot as he pitched solid and got 3 of 4 batters out
Cam fought out of trouble

3 runs given up in Athens should get it done

Ramsey has some work to do

Just can’t only be Drew.

I agree moving him out of lead off role

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Well, we will see what Hall does with the batting order in the coming games ahead.
Hall spent all that effort in the off-season fixing the pitching & just let the hitting go to hell. Somebody needed to remind him we needed both.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Hall spent all that effort in the off-season fixing the pitching & just let the hitting go to hell. Somebody needed to remind him we needed both.
I disagree. He went out and got veteran hitters that have hit over .300 in their career in Jones, Yunger, and Bechetti. He also got some power potential guys in Zmarzlak, Green, and Ellis who all have double digit home run seasons under their belt. We just have not figured out the lineup completely yet, and it looks like a couple of those transfers are pressing right now.

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
Whoa

Little early to declare hitting a failure.

We have some really good transfers and some good freshmen .

Ellis is pressing currently imo but was a big pickup in the portal.

Green and Jones are both very good pickups in the portal.

Giesler and Yunger have been hurt and missed time already thru 8 games

Bechetti and Yunger are really good ball players.

Bobby Zmarzlak was mvp in a regional for Maryland.

Let them hit their groove.

It’s still very early in the season as they are figuring out the lineup

Ramsey will get this corrected.

Let’s celebrate a great pitching effort today.

It’s one game and Friday night will likely never count.

Relax a bit.

Win tomorrow and we split the series and go 8-2 on the season.

We have an absolute stud in Burress.

He needs to move to 3 hole to give him more rbi opportunities.

We have the potential for an excellent offense

Last edited:

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
I disagree. He went out and got veteran hitters that have hit over .300 in their career in Jones, Yunger, and Bechetti. He also got some power potential guys in Zmarzlak, Green, and Ellis who all have double digit home run seasons under their belt. We just have not figured out the lineup completely yet, and it looks like a couple of those transfers are pressing right now.
💯

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
I disagree about moving Burress in the lineup. He is playing like one of the top players in the nation leading off. Why mess with that. Remember he is still a freshman and no telling if moving him to the number three spot will put added pressure on him. Plus as the leadoff hitter he gets more at bats than anyone in the lineup. Keep in mind Brosius is getting on base at a pretty high clip with all the walks and hitting around .300 so Burress is getting a lot of AB's with runners on base. Cam and Payton are pretty strong in the 2 and 3 spots. Maybe move Ellis down in the lineup to take some of the pressure off but leave Burress right where he is.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
If the game is not resumed, Burress will not be credited with his 11th home run of the season.
Ummmm he had 9 homers before the game. Unless he hit a second one Friday night I'm not aware of he was going to be credited with his 11th HR anyway.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
If I may, may I offer something about what I noticed while I was watching yesterday’s GT-UGA baseball game on TV?

The GT defense was outstanding. I think I counted two double plays by the Jackets’ infield, and many other fine defensive plays, especially from third base. And no errors.

The defense — along with the pitching —was a major factor in keeping the game as close as it was.

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Not having Geisler is huge heading into ACC play. Ellis needs to go to the bench or the bottom of the lineup. He simply has had no production. Take away Burress and our home run production is not very good. Third base production is abysmal seeing that no one seems to want to step up and win that job in Geisler‘s absence. Defense has played well particularly our middle infield. Pitching has been much improved, but you would be ignorant if you weren’t concerned at this point with Hill, King and Busse. Not trying to be negative just realistic. I’m not sure Geisler is day to day. He got hit in the back with a pitch and has been out for a week. Time will tell But I have more questions than answers.

Just win today!

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Not having Geisler is huge heading into ACC play. Ellis needs to go to the bench or the bottom of the lineup. He simply has had no production. Take away Burress and our home run production is not very good. Third base production is abysmal seeing that no one seems to want to step up and win that job in Geisler‘s absence. Defense has played well particularly our middle infield. Pitching has been much improved, but you would be ignorant if you weren’t concerned at this point with Hill, King and Busse. Not trying to be negative just realistic. I’m not sure Geisler is day to day. He got hit in the back with a pitch and has been out for a week. Time will tell But I have more questions than answers.
King and Busse I am definitely concerned about. As for Hill, I want to see how he pitches in the next couple of weeks. He had 2 good outings and then one bad one in the rain and cold. I'd like to see how he responds.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We played good baseball yesterday. RISP hitting is somewhat luck. The problem is only 4 hits all day. Shuffling the order won't help if we don't hit more.

That was the worst we've hit this year. A one time occurrence or due to facing higher quality pitching for the first time? Time will tell.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Held them to 3 runs. Likely to be lowest runs allowed in a loss all year. It happens. Hurts more when it's this opponent.

I have no idea (right now) where this season is headed. But feels like we will have to scrap & crawl as a bubble team. Fun, right?

Also... I do wonder how easy/difficult it will be to finish Friday's game... from UGAs perspective. I know they'd like the win but no matter how its done.. there is risk for them too.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
At least we pitched and played defense well. Only 3 walks (iirc) and we didn’t beat ourselves. IMHO, that’s an improvement. Play that way every game and I’ll be OK with the outcomes. Even when you play that way, the max you can win (if the other team is also competent) is just about 60% of the games….so losing one when we play that way isn’t a bad sign to me (even if it is UGa).
I hope we play and pitch as well today.

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
If I may, may I offer something about what I noticed while I was watching yesterday’s GT-UGA baseball game on TV?

The GT defense was outstanding. I think I counted two double plays by the Jackets’ infield, and many other fine defensive plays, especially from third base. And no errors.

The defense — along with the pitching —was a major factor in keeping the game as close as it was.
💯

Defense is definitely better

Good take