Georgia - COFH Baseball

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
You can't control the weather. Tonight just sucked for everyone... fans, players, umps, ground crew.

The biggest (by far) out of conference series/weekend & the weather disrupts everything. It's too bad.

Here's a question for our "objective" baseball folks. Imagine a game in Athens. Ga Tech is ahead by 6 runs in rainy weather headed to B5. Team is on field warming up with 3 outs to victory. Umps have a pow-wow with coaches & decide to pull teams off field. Tarps only applied to homeplate & mound (not the infield). Would any of us have a problem with this situation in Athens?

... I'll hang up & listen.
Of course but let’s be honest, they hit two of our hitters and got nearly every strike call so I’m not shedding any tears for the SECheaters

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
The ladies’ team is a lot smarter than the boys. The ladies postponed their game tonight and will make up for it by playing a doubleheader tomorrow.

The ladies have a helluva lot more horse sense than the boys do.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I wasn’t able to watch anything, but giving up 9 runs in 5 ( ? ) innings is poor pitching against anyone at anytime. And I hear you about Clemson, but our pitching has been bad for years now and honestly, I’m sick of it.

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
I wasn’t able to watch anything, but giving up 9 runs in 5 ( ? ) innings is poor pitching against anyone at anytime. And I hear you about Clemson, but our pitching has been bad for years now and honestly, I’m sick of it.
Well to be fair, our pitching has been good so far this year for the most part.

The new pc, Matt Taylor, is much more engaged with the staff and is quick to visit the mound early vs late as Borrell would do.

9 runs tonight in awful weather against a powerful lineup isn’t the end of the world. Point in fact they hit two 3 run hr’s. Charlie Condon is one of the best hitters in the country.

I hear what you are saying and trust me I’d say something if I felt the pitching was the same.

I really like our staff.
Our freshmen pitchers are really good in Kovala and Tate.
Give our best era guy Aeden Finateri a chance to see what he can do in Athens tomorrow

Cam Hill is still learning how to be a Friday night starter.

Ben King struggled tonight but as another poster stated, he couldn’t get a wet ball to make his slider bite. He was lights out last year against the ugag mutts at cool ray last year.

The weather was just flat awful.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Well to be fair, our pitching has been good so far this year for the most part.

The new pc, Matt Taylor, is much more engaged with the staff and is quick to visit the mound early vs late as Borrell would do.

9 runs tonight in awful weather against a powerful lineup isn’t the end of the world. Point in fact they hit two 3 run hr’s. Charlie Condon is one of the best hitters in the country.

I hear what you are saying and trust me I’d say something if I felt the pitching was the same.

I really like our staff.
Our freshmen pitchers are really good in Kovala and Tate.
Give our best era guy Aeden Finateri a chance to see what he can do in Athens tomorrow

Cam Hill is still learning how to be a Friday night starter.

Ben King struggled tonight but as another poster stated, he couldn’t get a wet ball to make his slider bite. He was lights out last year against the ugag mutts at cool ray last year.

The weather was just flat awful.
The ladies’ team is a lot smarter than the boys. The ladies postponed their game tonight and will make up for it by playing a doubleheader tomorrow.

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow

Fair enough

Only difference is they could play dh against pitt
Tech baseball could not as they head to Athens today and would lose revenue and home field.

Ladies will not. They play dh today at home vs Pitt

Game shouldn’t have been played I agree but they tried to get it in

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Game shouldn’t have been played I agree but they tried to get it in.

Yup. When they actually should have known better.

They fubarred this one.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
This game actually means nothing to me given the conditions, other than bringing up bad memories of our pitching woes in previous seasons. But not going to stress myself unless we see similar results against a few ACC teams coming up and playing in normal baseball weather.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Yeah I have PTSD too over our pitching. It won't go away till we consistently beat good hitting teams. And we are seeing the best team so far this season, but probably not close to the best team we'll see this year. Most upper level teams have gotten better with the portal, we have too. But it's all about pitching, pitching and bitching.

We gave up 3 run HRs while we hit solo HRs. Last night was no more baseball that the currently live Strade Bianche on gravel in the rain is road racing.

I saw the game scored as suspended which implies it can / will be resumed. Is that right?

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Yeah I have PTSD too over our pitching. It won't go away till we consistently beat good hitting teams. And we are seeing the best team so far this season, but probably not close to the best team we'll see this year. Most upper level teams have gotten better with the portal, we have too. But it's all about pitching, pitching and bitching.

We gave up 3 run HRs while we hit solo HRs. Last night was no more baseball that the currently live Strade Bianche on gravel in the rain is road racing.

I saw the game scored as suspended which implies it can / will be resumed. Is that right?
Yes. It can be resumed. I believe it will be ... at some point (not this weekend) given relative proximity of the schools.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Yes. It can be resumed. I believe it will be ... at some point (not this weekend) given relative proximity of the schools.

Agree it can be resumed.

Game time today to 3PM:

1709390296374.png

For those of you dying to know, Tadej Pogacar in Strade Bianche attacked at 81km to go as he said he would. Leading by 3minutes 30 seconds with 40 km to go ........ That's like a pitcher saying I'm going to throw you nothing but fast balls, doing it and making you look silly.

jackets1234

Georgia Tech Fan
So the rules as I understand them require 5 full innings to be played for a game to count (unless the team batting second is ahead after 4.5 innings). So theoretically if we can’t agree to a time for the resumption the game just wouldn’t count.
Believe this is correct. I see no reason for us to work in the last 4.5 innings of this game to make it official so doubt it happens

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
Yeah, but honorable actions aside, why jeopardize your weekend pitching depth during conference play to squeeze in an extra half game where you’re starting at a 6 run disadvantage? Could end up adding multiple losses to your resumé as a result.
This 💯