General News about Key and his Staff

GT33

Helluva Engineer
We had LOTS of touchdowns scored between the tackles while CPJ was here.

LOL
It doesn’t really matter how we score, just need a Team where the offense (defense and special teams) scores more than the defense (offense and special teams) gives up. The fact that some can watch our games, watch replays or game tape and not know Gibbs is a phenomenal open space runner and not a hoss you pound up the middle to get 1st downs, TDs, etc is rather comical. In fact his single “between the tackles” TD he had in 2021 was one where the line blew a hole open 3-4 yds wide and nobody was close to touching him until he was 8-10 yds into the secondary. He juked a safety and took it to the house.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
It doesn’t really matter how we score, just need a Team where the offense (defense and special teams) scores more than the defense (offense and special teams) gives up. The fact that some can watch our games, watch replays or game tape and not know Gibbs is a phenomenal open space runner and not a hoss you pound up the middle to get 1st downs, TDs, etc is rather comical. In fact his single “between the tackles” TD he had in 2021 was one where the line blew a hole open 3-4 yds wide and nobody was close to touching him until he was 8-10 yds into the secondary. He juked a safety and took it to the house.

Where is this 3-4yd hole you speak of?

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
So how many “between the tackles” TDs did he have compared to Dontae?

Hint: Take 1 guess
Where is this 3-4yd hole you speak of?
giphy.gif

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I guess the NFL scouts don’t agree GTSwarm either.

Gibbs is an extremely talented runner and one of the most malleable talents the league has seen in a long time. It is rare to see a RB who possesses both elite pass-catching ability and bell cow power back prowess. Gibbs can truly fit in with any offense in the NFL run heavy or pass heavy and be a coveted asset.

His pass blocking is below average at best but not due to lack of effort. With the time he spends perfecting his running abilities and pass-catching it is easy to imagine that not much time remains to work on blocking.

At a school like Alabama with such a deep roster, on pass blocking plays he is typically taken out of the formation for another player designed for pass blocking. He will not have this luxury on the NFL stage. Expect coaches to mold him into a formidable blocker during training camp and his first offseason. With a talented offensive coordinator and staff, Gibbs will become the “do it all player” of his offense.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Some of these people think you need a Skov type body type to run between the tackles.

Gibbs vision and footwork as elite. He’s not going to push the pile on the goal line, but he can run btw the tackles as well as anyone.
This is true. This is also what allows Dontae to be so successful between the tackles. The first guy is not going to hit him square. He's slippery, elusive, and quick. Both guys can operate between the tackles, but they're not going to plow through people (most of the time).

Blue&Gold1034

Georgia Tech Fan
3 of his touchdowns in 2021 were between the tackles. The one already shown by Ibeeballin and his touchdowns versus BC and UNC were all between the tackles.

Most of the pro comps you see are Alvin Kamara and the Saints run him in every which way possible. Using a player in only one way, to get out to the edge and run outside, would be more comical since players and coordinators would automatically know where the ball is going based on who is on the field. Gibbs showed at Bama that he can run the ball between the tackles effectively which will make him a lot of money going into the NFL.

JacketFan137

Banned
Some of these people think you need a Skov type body type to run between the tackles.

Gibbs vision and footwork as elite. He’s not going to push the pile on the goal line, but he can run btw the tackles as well as anyone.
i think it’s their age showing. guys can’t fathom a RB that isn’t a 255 lb meatball taking handoffs behind a full house o line

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
No it was GT33 ridiculous statement
I'm confused. I guess I'm not sure what you're suggesting. I think Gibbs is going to end up like Kamara in the NFL. When I first saw him play, that's who he reminded me of. I think he can run between the tackles, and around the tackles, and can catch passes out of the backfield, the slot, or the at WR. His wiggle and speed are what sets him apart from most other backs. I think Dontae Smith is cut from the same bolt of cloth, except Dontae does not have Jahmyr's speed. Dontae is not slow, but he's not as quick nor as fast as Jahmyr. I think Dontae could also be a successful back in the NFL.

Is this consistent with your observations or do you disagree? Just trying to understand who's saying what now.

This is the quote I was talking about: (the non-bolded aren't really what I was talking about)

Gibbs is an extremely talented runner and one of the most malleable talents the league has seen in a long time. It is rare to see a RB who possesses both elite pass-catching ability and bell cow power back prowess. Gibbs can truly fit in with any offense in the NFL run heavy or pass heavy and be a coveted asset.
His pass blocking is below average at best but not due to lack of effort. With the time he spends perfecting his running abilities and pass-catching it is easy to imagine that not much time remains to work on blocking.

At a school like Alabama with such a deep roster, on pass blocking plays he is typically taken out of the formation for another player designed for pass blocking. He will not have this luxury on the NFL stage. Expect coaches to mold him into a formidable blocker during training camp and his first offseason. With a talented offensive coordinator and staff, Gibbs will become the “do it all player” of his offense.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I'm confused. I guess I'm not sure what you're suggesting. I think Gibbs is going to end up like Kamara in the NFL. When I first saw him play, that's who he reminded me of. I think he can run between the tackles, and around the tackles, and can catch passes out of the backfield, the slot, or the at WR. His wiggle and speed are what sets him apart from most other backs. I think Dontae Smith is cut from the same bolt of cloth, except Dontae does not have Jahmyr's speed. Dontae is not slow, but he's not as quick nor as fast as Jahmyr. I think Dontae could also be a successful back in the NFL.

Is this consistent with your observations or do you disagree? Just trying to understand who's saying what now.

This is the quote I was talking about: (the non-bolded aren't really what I was talking about)

Gibbs is more Dalvin Cook or McCaffrey than Kamara bc he’s a lot faster AK41 and yes i agree with the bold quote. He’s not gimmick, scat back who only needs the ball in space . He’ll fit in any system he’s drafted in

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Gibbs is more Dalvin Cook or McCaffrey than Kamara bc he’s a lot faster AK41 and yes i agree with the bold quote. He’s not gimmick, scat back who only needs the ball in space . He’ll fit in any system he’s drafted in
McCaffery is the other guy I think of, but Kamara was on my fantasy team the 1 year I played (long story, can't play in a league with my brother), so I paid a little more attention to him. McCaffery was hurt most of that year.