General News about Key and his Staff

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Georgia has a lot of talent, but they utilize it in a ton of interesting ways that most teams don’t, and most defenses don’t prepare for on a weekly basis. If Faulkner, Crawford, and McKenzie can get our offense clocking like UGA-lite, it’ll be fun to watch.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
“UGA-lite” is not something to aspire to. Put down what you’re drinking and go to bed.
And why is that exactly? UGA is very clearly the most dominant program in the program right now. Why would you not want to emulate their success? Do you also not want to be Alabama-lite? Or OSU-lite?

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
And why is that exactly? UGA is very clearly the most dominant program in the program right now. Why would you not want to emulate their success? Do you also not want to be Alabama-lite? Or OSU-lite?
I don't want to be "lite" anything, but reality of the situation is that for GT to ever be competitive in the current model would require personality changes in a significant number of alumni that would run counter to what makes them successful businessmen.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Georgia has a lot of talent, but they utilize it in a ton of interesting ways that most teams don’t, and most defenses don’t prepare for on a weekly basis. If Faulkner, Crawford, and McKenzie can get our offense clocking like UGA-lite, it’ll be fun to watch.
If a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his butt when he jumped.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Because if we are running the exact same thing as uga but with less talented players, they have to spend even less time preparing to beat us?

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I don't want to be "lite" anything, but reality of the situation is that for GT to ever be competitive in the current model would require personality changes in a significant number of alumni that would run counter to what makes them successful businessmen.
Dude, what are you talking about? You’re talking about the culture of the program. I’m talking about their on-field scheme.
Because if we are running the exact same thing as uga but with less talented players, they have to spend even less time preparing to beat us?
I never said we’d be running the exact same thing. I said something similar. Because Georgia is more talented than everyone else in the country, they can be way more vanilla with their play calling. But when they need to, they can absolutely out-scheme you. Remember, they’re putting up absurd numbers with a QB who’s probably nothing more than average to slightly above average when compared to other FBS QBs. Georgia’s offense really looks a lot like Andy Reid’s. The Chiefs have a lot of offensive weapons with one of the best QBs in the NFL, and they also have one of the most unique offensive schemes in the league. It’s led to them being a top 5 offense in the NFL for the last 5 years.

I don’t want us to run the exact same thing UGA is. That’s not what the “lite” part of my post was referring to. It was referring to using their base setups and continuing to add more wrinkles to it.

Also, as it stands now. UGA probably spends no time trying to beat us. The week before our game they’re probably doing just as much prep for the SECCG as they are for our game. Making them defend an even more diverse playbook with their own concepts is a hell of a lot better than what we’ve been trying to do against them since 2017.
If a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his butt when he jumped.
Go home stech, you’re drunk.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
Fritz great in game as well as Player Development coach. Where would we be if we had him instead of TFG!
Would you have said that before this season?

His number was given to Stansbury, but I'm not sure I would've been convinced of that hire at the time. In general, his Tulane tenure has been pretty mediocre and their schedule is very easy.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Thread title? These things have titles? 😂
I see them more as suggestions, but whatever works for people.
Absolutely Free Suggestions GIF by Digital Pratik

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

His number was given to Stansbury, but I'm not sure I would've been convinced of that hire at the time. In general, his Tulane tenure has been pretty mediocre and their schedule is very easy.
He is well regarded by high school coaches in East Texas due to offense he had at Sam Houston.

Its all good w Key who is making commin sense moves. Will see how the details work out when goe meets leather.

slugboy

Staff member

He did just beat Lincoln Riley’s USC team with Tulane, which is **** impressive

Getting Tulane up to mediocre is impressive in itself