General News about Key and his Staff

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I assume we will limp along at WR till we show our OL can consistently pass block for longer than 3 seconds and that our qb is somewhat credible.
Last piece is a splash ($$nil) wr.

Love to see that Next year before we go to ND.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
I assume we will limp along at WR till we show our OL can consistently pass block for longer than 3 seconds and that our qb is somewhat credible.
Last piece is a splash ($$nil) wr.

Love to see that Next year before we go to ND.
I feel like the OL greatly improved as the year progressed. They deserve some credit and I would DEFINITELY point that out to potential recruits. Maybe we could speed up that cycle

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The eye test of UNC and first half og uga game give "hope" of soon getting a solid ol and qb. They seem to becgetting better.

I hope we get a very good wr coach who makes improvements in route running adjustments. Got to have a very good wr coach by next year this time.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
Our OL needs to be able to execute in the run game. They're fine in pass protection considering how many of our sacks were really because of TEs and RBs missing their blocks as well as the lack of running threat allowed opponents to tee off on pass rush. In the games (really only did it a half at a time, 2 or 3 times) we established the run, our ability to protect the QB benefited tremendously and we were able to stretch the field more vertically which opened up the running game even more.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
He's very invested in it.

Not sure that's going to go over well with a lot of recruits parents. We know that if Momma will have some say about it.

Calvin Johnson: I smoked weed every week in the NFL - YouTube

Calvin Johnson Started a Marijuana Business - Insider https://www.insider.com/calvin-johnson-started-a-marijuana-business-2021-6?amp

More importantly, he doesn’t seem that interested in football. He’s said in multiple interviews he doesn’t really watch the game anymore or keep up with it. It could very well be a coping mechanism to avoid missing it( Bo Jackson said he was not a football fan during his first decade in retirement because the longing for the game hurt too much), but he’s clearly not interested in coaching.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I took the liberty of watching some film of Faulkner’s offenses at Arkansas State. Schematically, I like what I see. He seems to really like to run Inverted Veer. I like that a lot and was hoping for years to see it under CPJ. That would be a great play to take advantage of Haynes King’s athleticism as well as the speed of some of our skill players. It’ll stretch the defense horizontally and force them to commit to defending the run.

He also seemed to have a tendency to run play action from the same pre snap motion used for Inverted Veer. I could really see Pyron slicing up defenses with that combo, and if Haynes King plays, this combo would be a great way to give him some easy throws to get his confidence back (while also giving him some success on the ground).

My biggest worry is that those teams had quite a few fumbles and interceptions. Here’s hoping that was mostly a talent issue and that our QBs won’t throw into tight double coverage.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
I took the liberty of watching some film of Faulkner’s offenses at Arkansas State. Schematically, I like what I see. He seems to really like to run Inverted Veer. I like that a lot and was hoping for years to see it under CPJ. That would be a great play to take advantage of Haynes King’s athleticism as well as the speed of some of our skill players. It’ll stretch the defense horizontally and force them to commit to defending the run.

He also seemed to have a tendency to run play action from the same pre snap motion used for Inverted Veer. I could really see Pyron slicing up defenses with that combo, and if Haynes King plays, this combo would be a great way to give him some easy throws to get his confidence back (while also giving him some success on the ground).

My biggest worry is that those teams had quite a few fumbles and interceptions. Here’s hoping that was mostly a talent issue and that our QBs won’t throw into tight double coverage.
Looks a bit like the Wake's Slow Mesh with extra bodies in the backfield.