General News about Key and his Staff

bishopbee

Jolly Good Fellow
Anybody else think the titles are getting a bit silly? Director of Speed?
What good is speed without direction? 😉
Jordan Diaz's other gig..
1671749614303.jpeg

Last edited:

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Gotta get creative with the names of roles so you can hand out 6 and 7 figure salaries to as many folks as possible.

(I’m not saying we shouldn’t be paying our coaches whatever the market rate is for a “Director of Speed.” I’m just saying it’s ridiculous how things like this have become normal, and in order to compete we have to do it too.
I mean, do we really need 5 “Senior Associate ADs” and 8 “Associate ADs”? There’s no way 13 people can share basically the same role and provide something unique. For the record, UGA has 2 “Executive Associate ADs”, 5 “Senior Associate ADs”, 8 “Associate ADs”, 7 “Assistant ADs”, 1 “Administrative Assistant to the Director of Athletics”, and 1 “Assistant to the Director of Athletics.” That’s 24 people with basically identical titles in administrative roles. What do those people even do? Do we really need every position to be called “Senior Director Executive Associate Assistant to and from the Office of Head of Athletics Director”? All of them have a second title, whether it’s HR, or Nutrition, or Compliance, or Marketing, or whatever. I just wish we’d stop making up stupid names to make it look better on the plaque on someone’s desk. Just call them HR Director and be done with it.)

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
My main takeaway was a bit different....doesn't look like you even had a chance for a job on that S & C staff if you shave your face. No matter what your pronouns are. If I was a person who shaved, I (or my attorney) would be raising some big questions about now. Which, of course, could be "retracted" if certain terms and conditions were might. I wouldn't want to be a stumbling block to the program moving forward. But I hate to think I could have gotten an interview when some of y'all could not based solely on your appearance.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Wow he would be a great get for us!

I posted these tweets in another thread yesterday:

It's all in the rearview mirror now, but I wonder if Helton was a legit candidate here. His OC's left for other schools but WKU is still putting up CRAZY offensive stats.

All I'll say is HOLY SH!T that's a great hire...that WKU staff just churns out really good coaches. Same staff that produced two OC guys (Zach Kittley, Bryan Ellis) that GT was rumored to have interest in that put up BIG numbers at other schools this year. WKU this season had the most prolific passing (yardage and TD) QB in the country. Crawford has been part of that staff for 2 years and is coming to GT.

I wonder if Key is putting together a "coaches lab" where they will marry some of the top offensive concepts into a devastating cohesive offense. We've got Faulkner from UGA + Todd Monken's highly efficient and prolific offense, and now a Co-OC/WR coach (Kittley and Ellis were Co-OCs last year) from one of top pure offenses the past two seasons that's put up mind boggling numbers. I'd pay to sit in on the offensive coaches meetings to listen to some of the chalk talk and whiteboard sessions.

I mean, now I'm all excited about the spring game just to see what we're getting on the offensive side of the ball.

Last edited:

EddieK

Jolly Good Fellow
Air Raid is coming to
I wonder if Key is putting together a "coaches lab" where they will marry some of the top offensive concepts into a devastating cohesive offense. We've got Faulkner from UGA + Todd Monken's highly efficient and prolific offense, and now a WR coach from one of top pure offenses the past two seasons that's put up mind boggling numbers. I'd pay to sit in on the offensive coaches meetings to listen to some of the chalk talk and whiteboard sessions.

I mean, now I'm all excited about the spring game just to see what we're getting on the offensive side of the ball.
I got excited after I read some of OC Buster Faulkner's offensive philosophy, some version of the Air Raid is coming and I can't wait.