General News about Key and his Staff

Techster

Helluva Engineer
It's a staff, I would've preferred a different OC and am not overly impressed by any of the other position coach changes. The support staff additions are promising, though.

Offensively, the only hire that really impressed me was Josh Crawford. I like that he was promoted to Co-OC at WKU, and Tyson Helton appears to be putting together a factory for offensive coaches. Both his Co-OCs (Kittley and Ellis) at Western Kentucky before Crawford went on to have outstanding seasons at their next school. The next two Co-OCs at WKU (Arbuckle and Crawford) had a spectacular year for WKU, and Arbuckle was hired to OC Washington State's offense.

We are not talking up Crawford enough. Look at his background developing QBs at the HS level, and now WRs at the college level. This guy knows offense...and I suspect a LOT of the schemes and concepts from WKU will find their way onto GT's playbook. On top of that, he has a LOT of GA HS connections for GT to capitalize on.

This is a VERY astute hire both from a coaching X's and O's standpoint, and a recruiting standpoint by Key.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
Our new OC clearly had the team prepped and ready to go last night.

Can't wait for next season. :buzz:🏉
I heard he coached the defense as well. He also gave the pre game speech and benediction. He also cleaned and pressed the uniforms and made the pre game meal. Then, he healed the lame and made the blind see after the game was over. We are lucky to have him.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
I heard he coached the defense as well. He also gave the pre game speech and benediction. He also cleaned and pressed the uniforms and made the pre game meal. Then, he healed the lame and made the blind see after the game was over. We are lucky to have him.
I've been sitting in front of my computer for the past five minutes thinking of how I want to respond.

I don't think I will.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
Well, there was that incomplete pass in the 3rd quarter. Something was terribly wrong and someone is surely at fault.
Good point. Let's pin that on BF and point to it as a portent of impending doom on the Flats. :cautious:

On a somewhat serious note, I think that many people deal with pain or disappointment by expecting the worst (or by trying to remain/appear indifferent) in every situation. That way, they never get their hopes up only to have them dashed. If you never love, you can't be hurt, right? It's kind of sad, but this defense mechanism helps them to get through the day and life.

To be fair, we've probably all lowered our expectations for our FB and BB programs over the past few years. But some of us are more resilient than others.

For me, it's a new day, and the glass is half full. Geaux Jacquettes!

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Good point. Let's pin that on BF and point to it as a portent of impending doom on the Flats. :cautious:

On a somewhat serious note, I think that many people deal with pain or disappointment by expecting the worst (or by trying to remain/appear indifferent) in every situation. That way, they never get their hopes up only to have them dashed. If you never love, you can't be hurt, right? It's kind of sad, but this defense mechanism helps them to get through the day and life.

To be fair, we've probably all lowered our expectations for our FB and BB programs over the past few years. But some of us are more resilient than others.

For me, it's a new day, and the glass is half full. Geaux Jacquettes!
I too remain optimistic in life. It means I have to deal with disappointments at times. But facing every day with an expectant smile is my way of dealing with the crap that pops up in the news. You and I would likely get along just fine.

New Old Guy

Jolly Good Fellow
I too remain optimistic in life. It means I have to deal with disappointments at times. But facing every day with an expectant smile is my way of dealing with the crap that pops up in the news. You and I would likely get along just fine.
Agree with you guys about optimism. Based on the comments, some (maybe a lot) of the posters on here must lead very unhappy lives.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
Agree with you guys about optimism. Based on the comments, some (maybe a lot) of the posters on here must lead very unhappy lives.
I would suggest that anyone who rationalizes their inanity in a cloak of optimism by painting anyone who disagrees with them as sad and negative is not only dealing in false currency but has no clue as to whether they are or anyone else is happy or not.

For the record, I live an extremely happy life. Thank you very much.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I have an opposing point of view. I think if you were to meet some of our more miserable posters in real life, say at a tail gate or such, they probably seem like normal, well adjusted people. I think speaking in anonymity gives them a voice that they suppress in real life. my hypothesis is based on the fact that 'real life" doesn't seem to contain such a large % of miserable SOB's. Of course, I might be wrong and it may be possible that it DOES in fact but you can navigate around them much easier than you can on a message board. Thank God for that small miracle.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I would suggest that anyone who rationalizes their inanity in a cloak of optimism by painting anyone who disagrees with them as sad and negative is not only dealing in false currency but has no clue as to whether they are or anyone else is happy or not.
That is a good point. I have a neighbor who wears a belt and suspenders. I asked if he had ever had his pants fall down unexpectedly and he said, "No, but at 85 I ain't taking any chances." We all have our POV about the day ahead. None equate to unhappiness.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I have an opposing point of view. I think if you were to meet some of our more miserable posters in real life, say at a tail gate or such, they probably seem like normal, well adjusted people. I think speaking in anonymity gives them a voice that they suppress in real life. my hypothesis is based on the fact that 'real life" doesn't seem to contain such a large % of miserable SOB's. Of course, I might be wrong and it may be possible that it DOES in fact but you can navigate around them much easier than you can on a message board. Thank God for that small miracle.
There have been a number of essays written about how the anonymity of the Internet gives license to extreme comments and arguments over trivial points. If you have to face the person with whom you disagree a great number of those arguments don't happen. Unless you are in a bar late at night.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
That is a good point. I have a neighbor who wears a belt and suspenders. I asked if he had ever had his pants fall down unexpectedly and he said, "No, but at 85 I ain't taking any chances." We all have our POV about the day ahead. None equate to unhappiness.
The optimist in me says, "thank you", while the pessimist says, "I am just lucky to finally get something correct. "

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
LOL!

You think insinuating that OCBF deserves full credit for Ugag's offensive performance is just you being optimistic and any anyone who thinks otherwise is just being negative and sad.

The one thing I miss about having these conversations on the internet and not in person is the ability to laugh in someone's face for being so, well, you.
Okay, to be fair...

OF COURSE BF was not in charge of the offense we saw on Monday night. Consequently, he did NOT singlehandedly have the Dogs firing on all cylinders against TCU. I was using hyperbole to poke some fun at the folks who have been losing their minds over the fact that BF was finishing up his employment with UGA. Look for the humor. It's subtle, but it's there.

The sky is NOT falling just because he was on the sideline or in the press box or on the bus or anywhere in the state. And now that he's wrapped up that gig, presumably, he's focused on replicating as much of what he's learned as possible for us.

My apologies if my post gave you the wrong impression. I do not think BF walks on water; However, I am hopeful, even confident, that he knows where the stepping stones are.

Peace.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

For the record, I live an extremely happy life. Thank you very much.
Too many big words before the simple declarative sentence - i am happy.