General News about Key and his Staff

JacketFan137

Banned
Nate will make a big mistake if he leaves the sort of potential this offense offers with him as the featured receiver. Really hope someone talks some sense into him.
idk this is sounding like the gibbs situation where people are way too biased towards tech. we know nate would do great for us, but if he goes to a school like texas, oklahoma, ohio state, georgia. whoever (idk where he’s drawing interest from) then he would be playing and practicing with more talent, working with better coaches, and probably have a better NIL deal.

if he leaves i expect a lot of salty comments that he won’t be as good/small fish in a big pond etc. but come november we will be looking at him with better stats than he would have got here

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
idk this is sounding like the gibbs situation where people are way too biased towards tech. we know nate would do great for us, but if he goes to a school like texas, oklahoma, ohio state, georgia. whoever (idk where he’s drawing interest from) then he would be playing and practicing with more talent, working with better coaches, and probably have a better NIL deal.

if he leaves i expect a lot of salty comments that he won’t be as good/small fish in a big pond etc. but come november we will be looking at him with better stats than he would have got here
Gibbs had about the same stats but more wins

JacketFan137

Banned
he had slightly better stats against a MUCH harder schedule. he also just played with a much better staff. my point is that any of the “he’s making a mistake!” talk is just sour grapes from our fanbase. gibbs made the clear and obvious best decision for himself.

obviously i wish he would have stayed and hope that nate will stay but leaving us to go to a title contender will never be a mistake

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
he had slightly better stats against a MUCH harder schedule. he also just played with a much better staff. my point is that any of the “he’s making a mistake!” talk is just sour grapes from our fanbase. gibbs made the clear and obvious best decision for himself.

obviously i wish he would have stayed and hope that nate will stay but leaving us to go to a title contender will never be a mistake
Oh i was pointing out that good players produce he averaged about the same.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Nate will make a big mistake if he leaves the sort of potential this offense offers with him as the featured receiver. Really hope someone talks some sense into him.
NIL and bowl games are big incentives. Some kids want to concentrate just on football. Not saying he falls into that mold, but it's a lot more fun playing video games than studying. For me it was card games my sophomore year. I can relate.

DiffusedAcorn

Jolly Good Fellow

I don't get where people are thinking that Nate and Gibbs are that similar, though. I love Nate and he is quite good, but him and Gibbs are entirely different. No matter where Gibbs went he would immediately be a feature back. Nate had a good year, but he had 655 yards and 3 TDs, good stats and quite promising but nowhere near being elite or top flight, as Gibbs had 1200 yards and 6 TDs. He was also a three star recruit out of high school, compared to Gibbs being rated roughly a 96 on 247. I think the pointed difference between the two is that if Gibbs had gone to say UGA he would've been their "guy" no doubt. But if Nate goes to the dwags, then he will have to compete for regular playing time, that's where Nate has reason to stay compared to Gibbs.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer

idk about a much harder schedule - according to this Bama and GT's schedules were basically the same. Maybe there is a more official ranking somewhere, idk just the first link I clicked.

He also had the benefit of a vastly improved supporting cast around him than what he had at Tech to help improve those stats. Still was probably the right decision for him to compete for a natty and get paid a lot more while doing so.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
This first year after I left a company I’d been with for 8 years I worked just as hard and just as many hours as I had for the old company but we won way more deals. That year was way more fun than the previous years with the old company where the product wasn’t competitive (PS since that time they sunsetted that product because nobody could sell it).

I’ll be Jahnyr enjoyed those wins more than the losses he would have had here.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
This first year after I left a company I’d been with for 8 years I worked just as hard and just as many hours as I had for the old company but we won way more deals. That year was way more fun than the previous years with the old company where the product wasn’t competitive (PS since that time they sunsetted that product because nobody could sell it).

I’ll be Jahnyr enjoyed those wins more than the losses he would have had here.
I guess, but seems to me it would have been more fulfilling to be a part of building a program rather than just being part of a team that will win with or without you.

That said, I can't blame him a bit for bailing on The F Guy because he wasn't building anything (and in addition getting a lot more NIL $$). Too bad Key came along too late to hang onto him.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Everybody knows speed training is a good thing. Having a job title known as “Director of Speed” is silly. That’s his point.
If he's leading a team that specifically focuses on speed (foot speed, hand speed, agility, balance, etc.) AND they call their unit leaders "directors," then Director of Speed sounds about right to me. Do titles really matter?

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
If he's leading a team that specifically focuses on speed (foot speed, hand speed, agility, balance, etc.) AND they call their unit leaders "directors," then Director of Speed sounds about right to me. Do titles really matter?
No titles don’t matter. Which is why “Director of Speed” sounds silly. Call him the Speed Coach if you have to call him something related to speed