Gameday

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Keep in mind: it’s voices in my head we’re talking about...and I spent most of last September sedated under fentanyl, so...
;)

There were rumors that CPJ had spoken with a donor and secured the $4 million for the locker room upgrade from the donor, but MBob said no. I never saw or heard anyone confirm that, but CPJ was extremely negative toward MBob right at that time. He was publicly calling MBob out, without naming him.

bos

Helluva Engineer
On one hand you have a top 3 team beating a top 10 opponent, on the other you have a team lose to The Citadel.

Jeezy is a brand. He will follow what's popular right now, and GT football is not it. Sure there is buzz, but the wins have to came and they'll take time. I'm sure he'll jump on train when the team is good again.

There were rumors that CPJ had spoken with a donor and secured the $4 million for the locker room upgrade from the donor, but MBob said no. I never saw or heard anyone confirm that, but CPJ was extremely negative toward MBob right at that time. He was publicly calling MBob out, without naming him.
WOW. Why the hell would MBob say no to a donor? ANY DONOR? That is inexcusable.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
As much as I ended up disliking CCG, I would say that his teams were moderately relevant, if for no other reason than Calvin Johnson. CPJ was definitely relevant in 2008-2009, and 2014, but neither he nor CCG could maintain that relevancy. GOL's teams were definitely relevant.

And when we could have brought him back after resume gate........well it’s history now.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
As much as I ended up disliking CCG, I would say that his teams were moderately relevant, if for no other reason than Calvin Johnson. CPJ was definitely relevant in 2008-2009, and 2014, but neither he nor CCG could maintain that relevancy. GOL's teams were definitely relevant.

We were talked about a bit in 2011 when we had that 6-0 start at #12. Unfortunately, the wheels came off the wagon.

GoGATech

Jolly Good Fellow
FWIW, Jeezy even said on the air that he hadn't watched a football game this year. :LOL: Yeah the ATL stuff kinda rubbed me wrong but it is what it is, he's self promoting more than anything else. And by the way, I had PLENTY of friends on facebook complaining about him. Most comments were the like of, "We finally get Gameday to Athens and the best guest picker we can come up with is Jeezy???"

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I think a few years from now, several of these koolaid drinking fans will finally see how good they had it under CPJ, and how close he was to having something special, if only there was more commitment from the school. I'm worried CGC is the second coming of CBJ

I hope you're wrong. I hope CGC proves to all of us CPJ fans that there's a better way to win.

As far as Jeezy is concerned, branding is a process. We all know how sometimes a slogan or PR campaign can catch people's imagination and be remembered without connecting to the product. I wouldn't be surprised that there are people who remember guys on the coach next to each other or talking on the phone saying, "WazzzzzUpppppp!!!" with their tongues out who don't remember the product being advertised.

So, maybe Jeezy remembers all the #404 slogans without necessarily tying them to Tech.

Animal02

Banned
How many teams really stay "relevant" for long periods of time? There are a handful....and then there are the SEC hyped ones that really aren't. A while back, I went through the final 25 polls for a decade.....there were something like 80-90 teams that made an appearance, and only a few that were in every one.

How many teams really stay "relevant" for long periods of time? There are a handful....and then there are the SEC hyped ones that really aren't. A while back, I went through the final 25 polls for a decade.....there were something like 80-90 teams that made an appearance, and only a few that were in every one.
They SEC team stay "relevant" for the most part due to the hype given them by the sports media.