Gameday

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Eh. What do you expect? Jeezy ain't wearing a GT jersey given the current state of the team. Still think getting him to GT practice is a positive. This is a long term play. Can't fault CGC here.
Just Maybe CGC needs to worry more about coaching the team and looking for a real offensive coordinator and not so much about other crap that don't win games. But why would he worry he has 7 years and now people will be happy with 3 or 4 wins. ( kind of sad)

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Having more money to spend for good assistants would have reflected a commitment from the school and COULD have led to having competent defenses. He didn't get that money from DRad, who was more interested in building things, nor from MBob, who wasn't much interested in anything football-related.
I recall hearing a story that Sasquatch actually declined a big offer from a potential donor. I don’t recall the details for sure, but the voices in my head tell me that it was something related to a facilities upgrade.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Having more money to spend for good assistants would have reflected a commitment from the school and COULD have led to having competent defenses. He didn't get that money from DRad, who was more interested in building things, nor from MBob, who wasn't much interested in anything football-related.
Exactly, CPJ wanted Ellis Johnson but wasn’t given the money for him.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

Honestly didn’t get much from Tstan either. Wanna see similar results? Give similar support.

techman

Georgia Tech Fan
Why are we interested that some perverted, doofus, unintelligible, rapper is being used to 'market' our team/school? Rap music is 3rd grade poetry (?) at best with usually 3 awful, repeating noises substituted as music. Yu 'boi Jeezy should not be affiliated with our school, Coach Funky Fresh. The "juice crew' ---football players in pads doing choreographed dancing while losing to Citadel is juvenile and embarrassing.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Why are we interested that some perverted, doofus, unintelligible, rapper is being used to 'market' our team/school? Rap music is 3rd grade poetry (?) at best with usually 3 awful, repeating noises substituted as music. Yu 'boi Jeezy should not be affiliated with our school, Coach Funky Fresh. The "juice crew' ---football players in pads doing choreographed dancing while losing to Citadel is juvenile and embarrassing.
Don’t hold back.

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
Just Maybe CGC needs to worry more about coaching the team and looking for a real offensive coordinator and not so much about other crap that don't win games. But why would he worry he has 7 years and now people will be happy with 3 or 4 wins. ( kind of sad)
Look, I am as critical as anyone about CGCs on the field performance. But I’ll also give credit where it is due. And he is trying to market us with local celebrities. That is not a bad thing.

gtg391z

Jolly Good Fellow
not sure if this was directed at me, because you don't know how to use the reply feature. But I'll bite.

To the extent you were saying this, which I am not sure you are, I agree that the marketing efforts by CGC are excellent, and I am all for it. I could care less what Jeezy chooses to wear to gameday, and to say we swung and missed here is being overly critical. What would you have CGC do instead?

But the rest of your post is either lazy or just dumb. To say we have not been relevant in a decade is (1) ignoring facts; (2) setting up some movable target of what is "relevant"; and (3) suggesting that we somehow were relevant under your movable target before CPJ. I don't know why every thread has to devolve into this, so I won't take the bait.

No my comment wasn't meant for you and it was pretty clear who I was talking too. I'm sorry you got confused.
I never mentioned CPJ so you guys are the one that brought him up. I should have said decade(S) to make sure not to get the perpetual butthurt CPJ fans crying. Yes we weren't relevant under CCG either. I would say Oleary was the last coach that had us relevant but you could make the argument it was CBR. My only point was that you can't be surprised that celebrities are on the UGA bandwagon. People like winners and UGA is winning right now. Yeezy isn't going to pass up the spot light of Gameday because he was on our campus in the summer. Its fairly childish to try to make it a negative for CGC. He's busting his rump trying to get our name out there but you have to give him time.

armeck

Jolly Good Fellow
Like it or not, hip-hop is today's pop, and that is what the kids like. Put your dog whistle away...

No my comment wasn't meant for you and it was pretty clear who I was talking too. I'm sorry you got confused.
I never mentioned CPJ so you guys are the one that brought him up. I should have said decade(S) to make sure not to get the perpetual butthurt CPJ fans crying. Yes we weren't relevant under CCG either. I would say Oleary was the last coach that had us relevant but you could make the argument it was CBR. My only point was that you can't be surprised that celebrities are on the UGA bandwagon. People like winners and UGA is winning right now. Yeezy isn't going to pass up the spot light of Gameday because he was on our campus in the summer. Its fairly childish to try to make it a negative for CGC. He's busting his rump trying to get our name out there but you have to give him time.
As much as I ended up disliking CCG, I would say that his teams were moderately relevant, if for no other reason than Calvin Johnson. CPJ was definitely relevant in 2008-2009, and 2014, but neither he nor CCG could maintain that relevancy. GOL's teams were definitely relevant.