Gameday

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
He’s an Atlanta area rap star. We adopted his hit song in 2009. He came to one of our practices this spring and everybody was flipping out about it.

I guess in his opinion UGA is above the line.

Or maybe he did a line or two before going on the air.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gtg391z

Jolly Good Fellow
Ok, you live in that alternate reality where GT football has been consistently ranked in the top 10 and recruiting 5 stars. We will keep that your little secret.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
So
Ok, you live in that alternate reality where GT football has been consistently ranked in the top 10 and recruiting 5 stars. We will keep that your little secret.
These are you expectations for CGC? I hope this works out. That would be fantastic. I will the the first one to eat a healthy dose of crow. I sure ain't holding my breath though.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Must have missed where he swore allegiance to us by stopping by practice and posing for some pics to help with our PR. Not everyone is like us, and celebs are just going to latch on to what is popular. Face facts: Everybody who is anybody is in Athens this weekend for a game with playoff implications. We aren't there yet, obviously.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
I think a few years from now, several of these koolaid drinking fans will finally see how good they had it under CPJ, and how close he was to having something special, if only there was more commitment from the school. I'm worried CGC is the second coming of CBJ

FrostedOrange

Jolly Good Fellow
Everyone should keep in mind that we are HYPER-partisans. Not everyone in Atlanta/Georgia will take the George W Bush "you're either with us or you're against us" approach. I bet if GameDay was at GT next Saturday, if asked, he'd roll up with GT gear on and push us. He's a business man, playing to the local crowd. Everyone needs to keep taking slow, deep breaths - probably into a paper bag

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I think a few years from now, several of these koolaid drinking fans will finally see how good they had it under CPJ, and how close he was to having something special, if only there was more commitment from the school. I'm worried CGC is the second coming of CBJ
I loved PJ’s offense but there was nothing special from 2015 on. We lost what we had in 2014 in south bend and never got it back. We couldn’t capitalize on success. See 2010. See the last half of 2011. I know were never going to be Alabama Clemson Ohio St but the way this staff is recruiting there’s no way they’re not going to get it done.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
I loved PJ’s offense but there was nothing special from 2015 on. We lost what we had in 2014 in south bend and never got it back. We couldn’t capitalize on success. See 2010. See the last half of 2011. I know were never going to be Alabama Clemson Ohio St but the way this staff is recruiting there’s no way they’re not going to get it done.
I'd be shocked if CGC can match 2016 level of success let alone 2014. I also really haven't seen much increase in recruiting yet either, and the way they are playing, I don't see that getting better either.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Must have missed where he swore allegiance to us by stopping by practice and posing for some pics to help with our PR. Not everyone is like us, and celebs are just going to latch on to what is popular. Face facts: Everybody who is anybody is in Athens this weekend for a game with playoff implications. We aren't there yet, obviously.
Lol, he said ATL ATOWN in his love speech for the dwags. What do you say about that?

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Lol, he said ATL ATOWN in his love speech for the dwags. What do you say about that?

I hate it, but that's where the dwags are, relative to us. CGC is trying to close that gap, so maybe we should support his efforts, instead of mocking them. At least he is trying. He has managed to at least get us a little bit bigger piece of the pie, but the 404 takeover won't be complete until we are winning at a high level.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
OK, I hate to show my ignorance, but who is Jeezy?
Thank you for going first.

Here in pensacola - we had home coming and before the game wife and and i hosted a football social looking for volunteers. Got the maryor to show up - 6 freshmen players were being taught to meet and greet and serve Louisiana hicken and sauage gumbo .
Had my gt hat off for photo.

10811.jpeg

Pretty good freshmen class -but only 5 sr and 5 jr so we phs is bad.

In full gt gear i am headed to youth football park to give parents the attached flyer
MAROON COKE CRUSH MAROON FORMAT.jpg
10811.jpeg MAROON COKE CRUSH MAROON FORMAT.jpg
Having a blast

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
Ok genius, what part of my comment do you disagree with?
not sure if this was directed at me, because you don't know how to use the reply feature. But I'll bite.

To the extent you were saying this, which I am not sure you are, I agree that the marketing efforts by CGC are excellent, and I am all for it. I could care less what Jeezy chooses to wear to gameday, and to say we swung and missed here is being overly critical. What would you have CGC do instead?

But the rest of your post is either lazy or just dumb. To say we have not been relevant in a decade is (1) ignoring facts; (2) setting up some movable target of what is "relevant"; and (3) suggesting that we somehow were relevant under your movable target before CPJ. I don't know why every thread has to devolve into this, so I won't take the bait.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

lmao. We were never close to having a competent defense under him beyond the one he inherited and that had nothing to do with the commitment from the school.

lmao. We were never close to having a competent defense under him beyond the one he inherited and that had nothing to do with the commitment from the school.
Having more money to spend for good assistants would have reflected a commitment from the school and COULD have led to having competent defenses. He didn't get that money from DRad, who was more interested in building things, nor from MBob, who wasn't much interested in anything football-related.