Gameday Experience And More

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
I just don't understand why are fans seems to be affected by the sun more than any fanbase I've ever seen. They act like if they are outside in the sun for 3 hours they are legit gonna die. It's just so strange

LibertyTurns

Banned
I just don't understand why are fans seems to be affected by the sun more than any fanbase I've ever seen. They act like if they are outside in the sun for 3 hours they are legit gonna die. It's just so strange
Not that it just seems the wisdom of having night games in September is lost on those making decision. There were barely any games to watch last night on tv so that isn’t it.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Concession stand service in UW was poor. You needed national geographic time lapse camera footage to see the line move
It’s been like that in the upper north ever since I’ve had my tickets. On our side of the stands, out of five possible registers, only three were open. During halftime, I timed them for a while and the average time it took for someone to order, pay, and get their food was 1 minute 45 seconds. That means that during a 20 minute halftime, they were on a pace to serve 14 people. I know the people in the concession stands are volunteers and are doing their best. However, I think serious consideration should be given in the future to outsourcing the food and beverage operations to the professionals.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck

I was wondering the same thing last night. I saw/heard many people talking about how hot it was, and I never really even noticed or thought about the heat. Granted, I’m in it daily with my career (golf), but to me, it wasn’t a bother at all. I had one bottle of water the entire game. I was at Bobby Dodd for the first time in what feels like ages! I wasn’t thinking about any heat at all!

I have suffered through many hot early September games without complaining (although I don't understand why any games in the south in September are not played much later in the day). But yesterday, really took it out of me, and I am still feeling it today. I was simply burned out. I sure hope it's better for the Citadel game.

deeznats

Jolly Good Fellow

Substitute the heat/sun with any other possible excuse. Traffic, time, money down, price, GT AA reseating, large TVs at home, etc. We're (me excluded of course) a whiny and soft fan base.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Well, I had a friend that went to Athens yesterday. He said they were carting out the elderly on a regular basis. And he left at the half.

bishopbee

Jolly Good Fellow
Well, I had a friend that went to Athens yesterday. He said they were carting out the elderly on a regular basis. And he left at the half.

Friends don't let friends go to Athens :), and yeah I saw lots of those "tough" dwag fans streaming out of Athens early on 316 as I drove home after staying for the entire game at BDS

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
In the upper north, I was also very disappointed that none of the TVs were working by the concessions/hydration station and the radio feed was not being pumped into the restroom as in years past.

I'm glad someone else noticed this! I don't know if it was a technical issue or what but the TVs that were on in lower west were tuned to a team stats page. What the hell is that? Did Collins request that to get more people in their seats rather than milling around the concourse? I missed about an entire series getting water because they weren't showing video of the game on the TVs.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Michigan had a noon game in 90 degree weather and the place was packed. Maybe CGC can change the fanbase but its gonna take a long time

Michigan had a noon game in 90 degree weather and the place was packed. Maybe CGC can change the fanbase but its gonna take a long time
Never having been there in person, I would still imagine that there is a BIG difference between 90 degrees in Ann Arbour and 100 degrees in Atlanta. And yes, I said 100 degrees. In spite of the forecast of 96 degrees, one man sitting near me had a thermometer on his watch, and at one point in the 3rd quarter it read 106.1 degrees.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
It’s been like that in the upper north ever since I’ve had my tickets. On our side of the stands, out of five possible registers, only three were open. During halftime, I timed them for a while and the average time it took for someone to order, pay, and get their food was 1 minute 45 seconds. That means that during a 20 minute halftime, they were on a pace to serve 14 people. I know the people in the concession stands are volunteers and are doing their best. However, I think serious consideration should be given in the future to outsourcing the food and beverage operations to the professionals.

They also situated the water monster right next to the concession stands so it was hard to distinguish who was in line for what.

Animal02

Banned
That is better service time than the concession at Ford Field last Dec 26. ;)

Animal02

Banned
Never having been there in person, I would still imagine that there is a BIG difference between 90 degrees in Ann Arbour and 100 degrees in Atlanta. And yes, I said 100 degrees. In spite of the forecast of 96 degrees, one man sitting near me had a thermometer on his watch, and at one point in the 3rd quarter it read 106.1 degrees.
Not to mention the raw number difference between Tech Alumni and UM alumni. :rolleyes:

bishopbee

Jolly Good Fellow
It's a good bit of both. We as fans have to do our part, but the school isn't off scott free because of that. Legit complaints should be heard and listened to by the GTAA and remedied if possible.

GTAA should focus on improving their "product". We all provide feedback on GTAA surveys and it seems to go unheard. Continued issues with entry lines, concessions, media, etc. should not be ignored. The decision to spend $ and time to attend games (for me 7-1/2 hrs, more for others) is not trivial. More quality control and process adjustments are needed.
GT should be "Creating the Next" --- Gameday Experience.