Game Thread - @ UNC, 1/4/2020

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I can honestly say I didn’t watch a second of the game. But I did see a 20 point halftime lead, and a win after the final horn. Beating UNC on the road is always a big win regardless of underlying circumstances. It’s basically like beating UGA in football. Does that mean I’m satisfied with the state of the program? No. Do I think the program can use this win to catapult itself to greater success? Absolutely. I’ve been as down on this team as anybody, but just looking at the stat sheet, if the team can shoot like this on any given night they’d be hard to beat. The problem is that under Pastner (and really for the past 15 years) there’s been no consistency from game to game. I genuinely hope Tech can win 12+ ACC basketball games this season. It would go a long way in my opinion to garner support for the team and CJP going forward, regardless of failures this season or previous seasons.

BleedingGold

Jolly Good Fellow
With Duke, Boston College, and Notre Dame lined up before UVA and Louisville, we really need to take two of these next three. Shame about the way this team started but without Alvarado and Usher, I suppose it was to be expected. Even though UNC was short handed, it's a big win and I'm hopeful it leads to some momentum going forward.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I don't think I've seen anybody mention Parham yet, but dude had his best game. He was getting to the rim when he wanted to and was making crisp, hard passes. He did an excellent job of breaking their press all game and played outstanding defense. He has started to play like we need him to the last couple of games.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't think I've seen anybody mention Parham yet, but dude had his best game. He was getting to the rim when he wanted to and was making crisp, hard passes. He did an excellent job of breaking their press all game and played outstanding defense. He has started to play like we need him to the last couple of games.

He played well. He made 2 more great passes that would have been assists but got nullified by bs charging fouls.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
I assume the Inside Carolina guys meant biggest halftime deficit for the Holes at home. They've lost games by more than 30 there, but halftime scores must've been closer than today. I certainly don't remember them ever being down 20+ points, twelve minutes into a game. Ever.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Yes, they meant the 20 point deficit at the half is the largest ever at the half in the Dean dome. How long have they played there?

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
@dtm1997 not sure if "journeyman" is the right word. Brooks is a junior. 4 ppg as frosh. 9 as soph. 12 this year. Not a big scorer. Gets most of his points of offensive rebounds or secondary break.

He's becoming a decent player but will never been a primary scoring threat. His previous career high was 20.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
40 minute manifestation of the stepover

Joel+Berry+II+Jose+Alvarado+Georgia+Tech+v+r6M7SZSQQT5l.jpg

New York PG don't give AF

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Yes, they meant the 20 point deficit at the half is the largest ever at the half in the Dean dome. How long have they played there?
Since 1986.
Pretty sure first game UNC lost there was to Maryland led by Len Bias and coached by Lefty Driesell. Bias had a huge game against them.