Game Thread - @ UNC, 1/4/2020

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Helped having all our guards healthy and UNC basically playing 3rd stringers in the backcourt. Was nice to take advantage of that situation.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Agree with you.
I thought Bubba looked more relaxed, from the parts of the game I could see.

JacketRacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Banks was an absolute stud. We have a few players that are so fun to watch (Banks, Alvarado, Wright, Purham) when they get rolling.

If we can keep connecting on shots like tonight, we'll be a scary team.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
If I told you before the game that Devoe would only score 4 points, you would probably have thought we got run out of the Dean Dome.

Well Devoe only scored 4 points, and we almost scored 100 points. In the Dean Dome. We won.

I don't care who UNC was missing, that was a damn good road win.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Ok I know I am one of the eternal optimists on this board, but I am calling a GT win by 10 points. This is the kind of environment that will get Jose fired up and I think Devoe found his shooting stroke last out.

Moses will match up well too, and if Banks doesn’t get his head right soon he is going to see his shot at the league pass him by.

I think things line up well for our boys this evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Uhhh, just to let you know... You were wrong...
IT WAS BY 13!!

Well done [emoji106]

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Good win. Shame I missed the first half because it sounds like it was fun, but the team responded well to the inevitable UNC run and never let them back in the game. Moses and Banks just dominated down low on offense . Jose was a maestro on offense. Defense wasn't where we need it to be or where it usually is, but the ability to win this type of game is big. Takes a lot of pressure off of the players.

2-2 in the ACC with 3 road games played. We get Duke at home on Wednesday. If our guys play up to what they are capable of I think we have a chance in any game we play.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Ok I know I am one of the eternal optimists on this board, but I am calling a GT win by 10 points. This is the kind of environment that will get Jose fired up and I think Devoe found his shooting stroke last out.

Moses will match up well too, and if Banks doesn’t get his head right soon he is going to see his shot at the league pass him by.

I think things line up well for our boys this evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pass the pipe Midtown. You’re smoking some good stuff!

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
I could care less who they had and who they did not have. That’s life. It seems like every team is dealing with injuries. There were still top 100 kids all over the court for them. Great road win! After watching FSU earlier today against Ville, I realize we played pretty well against them too. They’re really good. My brother is a Carolina fan, so this one is sweet!!!