Game Thread - Pitt, 3/4

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
He's a gamer, hellva player, and has the heart of a lion, but I don't think that he has the measurable's or athletic ability to be a draft pick.

That said, he will absolutely have a basketball career after college, but it will likely be with a top European/foreign team.

Just an FYI, there are only 2 rounds in the NBA draft.
Thanks for the clarification on NBA rounds. I never knew that actually.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
No. His spot at Georgia Tech.

We had him lined up for an OV and probable commitment, but Devoe pulled the trigger that same week, so we canceled.

I was kidding.

It was more a reply to how much Capel was throwing love to Alvarado after the game.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
One more thought about the Pitt game. Pastner had a really atypical distribution of minutes and rotations in that game. Bubba only had 8 min as Usher and Moore combined for 46 minutes (essentially all the 3 spot and a bit of the 4) . It was good to see both of them play well - they are keys to how well we can be next year. I was surprised to see DeVoe stay at 30 min given his TOs - some of which were just bad. Expected to see Bubba get some of those minutes but likely he has to score if he is cutting into even a TO prone DeVoe. The other surprise was Evan at 21 min - with production - almost a double double in 21 min (10 pts 8 reb).

Just projecting for next year, hard to see a 9/10 man rotation or even an 8 man rotation. CJP is going to play Jose/DeVoe/Moses really heavy min (35 or so) plus Usher at least 20/25. I would expect the other minutes (and our style of play) to be determined by who steps up at the 3/4 spots plus a little bit of Saba.

cyclejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
One more thought about the Pitt game. Pastner had a really atypical distribution of minutes and rotations in that game. Bubba only had 8 min as Usher and Moore combined for 46 minutes (essentially all the 3 spot and a bit of the 4) . It was good to see both of them play well - they are keys to how well we can be next year. I was surprised to see DeVoe stay at 30 min given his TOs - some of which were just bad. Expected to see Bubba get some of those minutes but likely he has to score if he is cutting into even a TO prone DeVoe. The other surprise was Evan at 21 min - with production - almost a double double in 21 min (10 pts 8 reb).

Just projecting for next year, hard to see a 9/10 man rotation or even an 8 man rotation. CJP is going to play Jose/DeVoe/Moses really heavy min (35 or so) plus Usher at least 20/25. I would expect the other minutes (and our style of play) to be determined by who steps up at the 3/4 spots plus a little bit of Saba.

With about 5 minutes left in the game Pastner walked down and motioned for Bubba to go in. He shook his head no and then put a towel on his head. Pastner was pissed. I'm not sure what was going on.

BeeRBee

Jolly Good Fellow
With about 5 minutes left in the game Pastner walked down and motioned for Bubba to go in. He shook his head no and then put a towel on his head. Pastner was pissed. I'm not sure what was going on.
Not denying your interpretation, but I also saw the interaction and interpreted it as Pastner asking something, and did not see a “pissed” reaction to the head shake.

cyclejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Not denying your interpretation, but I also saw the interaction and interpreted it as Pastner asking something, and did not see a “pissed” reaction to the head shake.

I hope you're correct. I sit in the section behind the bench and when Coach turned his head our way he definitely was saying something. Except for the fact I've heard he doesn't cuss I would've sworn he was letting out some salty, GTSwarm type reaction.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I hope you're correct. I sit in the section behind the bench and when Coach turned his head our way he definitely was saying something. Except for the fact I've heard he doesn't cuss I would've sworn he was letting out some salty, GTSwarm type reaction.

"Aw, gosh darn it all ta heck!" - C Pastner