Game Thread - Pitt, 3/4

You are the man! When I make it back for a game this fall I owe ya a drink!
LOL Depending on the game, you are more than welcome to tailgate with us. I doubt we tailgate for the Clemson or UCF games because they are on weeknights, or the ND game at the Benz, but that's not set in stone yet. BTW, why not chat with us now in Swarm Chat?

LibertyTurns

Banned
My friend, you’ve said that multiple times now and in multiple threads. Please take a moment to look in the mirror and think about the fact that there are two seniors who disagree with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes the game matters to the seniors because it’s their last home game, but the NCAA with a complicit ACC took the entire significance of this game away.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
Florida State just beat ND at the buzzer. That puts Syracuse and us tied for fifth place. VT beat Clemson earlier.

I will! Looking like UCF game for me. But a lot depends on the Falcons schedule too. If we have a home game the same weekend the Falcons play Detroit I might come with a few people that weekend.
Like I said, with the UCF game being on a Friday, the folks who organize our tailgate, MIGHT not be able to get there early enough. Hopefully, though, they will

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck
A major league tip of the hat to James Banks for his tenure here. Even when he only scores a basket the blocks, steals and rebounds helped to win the game. Still a shame we won't be playing in the ACC tourney, even though it's the right call. We may have done some damage. This was a team on a mission tonight.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I give up. You guys are right. This game was one of the most important games I ever watched. Next one will be even more important.

Not necessary my friend. As fans we are expected to be enthusiastic about our involvement and dare I say fanatical about our emotional investment to the team. Don’t let the unreasonableness of the NCAA’s determination against us poison the positives of this season.

We saw growth on the team from top to bottom and while it didn’t end the way any of us wishes, it shouldn’t devolve into sarcasm and bitterness. We got a bad bounce from the NCAA, but it doesn’t devalue the work this team has done. We have one more game, one more chance to thanks the kids who spend their days, nights and weekends working on their craft to represent our shared Institute. Let’s choose to honor that commitment and value their effort beyond the artificial limits that have been imposed on us.

The time to fight the NCAA’s decision will come, but let’s not elect to snub our boys before they get their due.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Great win and a dominating performance basically from start to finish.

Jose was phenomenal. Usher played one of his better games. Cole gave us really good minutes off the bench. Banks was a monster on the defensive end. Mike and Moses were both relatively quite, but still have us solid production. Also love it for Shembari to hit that last shot.

We have a chance to finish 5th in the conference with a win on friday and really build momentum going into next year.

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
Shembari’s 3 is what we all expected to see from him but never really did. Not sure why he couldn’t make it happen here but I hope his Tech degree serves him well